Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

B.O.Gun in your B.O.B.

This is a discussion on B.O.Gun in your B.O.B. within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Should your B.O.G. be loaded in magazine, or unloaded. Both of mine are unloaded at this time, and installed in my B O V 's ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: B.O.Gun in your B.O.B.

B.O.Gun in your B.O.B.

Should your B.O.G. be loaded in magazine, or unloaded.

Both of mine are unloaded at this time, and installed in my B O V 's

I have spare magazines so I'm thinking of loading one, nothing in the chamber.

The only reason I had them unloaded was in case I had a malty beverage, but they're not locked in a case designed for a gun anyway.

My actual carry guns are just pull the trigger DAO , full mag +1

Well... let's compare preparation to real world. Some PD's require officers to NOT keep a round in the chamber... and they have to take the extra time after drawing a weapon to chamber it. It means they have increased risk... or have to draw early to be prepared. My organization requires that we keep a round chambered, and the weapon safety on, if it has one. I can draw and shoot in one motion.

So... let's compare it to your BOB. I keep loaded weapons in the house... and will grab them with the BOB when I go. The ones in my BOB have loaded magazines or clips but are not inserted. That is because I may need to drop the BOB and use the weapon I have on me and I don't want any misfires from inside the BOB when I drop it. But... I want to be able to quickly grab a weapon from my BOB and have it ready. I don't want to have to stop and grab a box of ammo or some speedloaders and load the weapon before I can use it.
    acidlittle likes this.

I'm sure my 1935 - 37 build date H&R Sportsman 9 shot 22 doesn't have a transfer bar safety, so I'll carry that on an empty cylinder. It's new to me today .

The time needed to round up the ammo and mags may prove to be a killer

I'll load up a mag and insert it in the mag well. All it will take it a rack of the slide to load. It won't fire that way since a BOB is subject to rough treatment

My G19 is 15+1, with 2 -16 round reloads. The LCP is 6+1, with 2 6 round reloads.

All these are registered to me in my fine state of Michigan so I don't care if the internet knows I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by WoadWarrior View Post
    Some PD's require officers to NOT keep a round in the chamber... and they have to take the extra time after drawing a weapon to chamber it.
    In 25 years of Law Enforcement (both federal and local) I have never heard of any agency requiring an officer to not carry a round in their handgun. Now it's common procedure to have an empty chamber in your shotgun and rifle prior to deploying it, but again I've never heard of anyone doing that with a handgun. I am a firearms instructor and have traveled though out the US and Europe while visiting with many agencies and haven't run across this policy, although I have heard second hand that they do this in Israel but cannot verify this to be true. I would be interested in learning the names of any US departments that require this procedure as I would like to follow up with them regarding this. Thanks for the "heads up" on this.
    Ripon likes this.

ozo
    And let's take this scenario.......

"The only reason I had them unloaded was in case I had a malty beverage,"---AquaHull

Are you REALLY ready and responsible ??????
    Can you handle the protection level you place on yourself ?

Don't drink and drive........we all get it, right ?

You are at Thanksgiving dinner.....big family gathering.
    Very nice neighborhood.
    Many of you hangin' out...visiting, yapping', sharing,......
    drinkin' a little red wine...maybe a beer or two......

Couple of punks bust in the front door, armed, to rob
    the unsuspecting rich folks......easy prey they think.......

You have had a glass or two.......

What do you do now ?

Oh no...guns and alcohol....never.
    We see it all the time on forums......

What camp are you in....
    in this scenario ?

I for one don't like the idea of a backup gun anywhere else but on my person. If you get robbed for your bob our your bov gets commandeered, you are left without.
    acidlittle and jc-hunter like this.
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

Super Moderator
    I only keep them loaded when I can reach them or they are locked up and safe, I do not keep loaded firearms in my car unless I'm carrying it on my person. I do this because if somebody steals your car then they also have YOUR defense system, which they could use to hurt somebody else. If I am forced to go inside a place and leave my gun in my car, I have a safe in my car for it and i will pull out the barrel so it is, for the moment, inert. If I was running around with my BOB on the gun would be loaded and on my hip.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Mine is on me most of the time it is loaded and one in the chamber.
    If you have a modern firearm that has not been jacked with carried properly it is perfectly safe to to carry it that way.
    An unload gun is a bad rock you have a weapon to shoot if need be, if it is not loaded you will be the one shot and not have a gun anymore.
    My Bug out bag has a real weapon in it not a hand gun
    If you can not defend it, then your just holding it for the next owner.
    When will DHS come for you. They have declared us the enemy

HVU
    Your guns wont do any good if your in danger.. but bullets will. An unloaded gun is as good as a rock if you ask me..
    jc-hunter likes this.

Loaded, with one in the pipe. I'm just too superstitious not to quite honestly. I would be paranoid that I would need the thing and not remember that there wasn't one in the pipe - heck I used to have nightmares, back in the day, about pulling the trigger and it not going boom.

So yeah, I think the only way to carry anything is loaded with one in the pipe.
    jc-hunter and Irish like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads