SHTF Long Gun Choices. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SHTF Long Gun Choices.

This is a discussion on SHTF Long Gun Choices. within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; what you may not realize is that with a little practice, you could cycle a pump almost as fast as a semi-auto.... I have always ...

Poll: Which would you choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: SHTF Long Gun Choices.

what you may not realize is that with a little practice, you could cycle a pump almost as fast as a semi-auto.... I have always shot my 870 fast.. and thus I went with a rem 7600 30-06 for my deer rifle.. you would be surprised how fast you can work the action when you practice! get a pump with a big clip...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

someone got to say it -so I will- if I have only one it will be a shotgun.
    nothing to see here, move along.

My first reaction was to pick the Mini 14 and I have one, fine rifle! I picked SKS as overall
    I like the idea of launching 7.62 toward whatever I deem an enemy target. Another reason
    is I have 3 SKS's and never had any issues thru the years! I keep them clean and run them
    on occasion with no issues ever! Set the poll aside my M1A is my go to rifle on the homefront!
    SOCOM42 and Oddcaliber like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I don't see the banning of certain weapons by individual states or cities changing any time soon - if ever - likely to get worse in the states that have already gone down that hole ....

both the M1 Carbine and the Mini 14's big brother - the Mini 30 - have both been on the longer liberal "hit lists" - wouldn't guarantee that buying a M1 Carbine will give you a legal weapon forever in states like CT, MA and CA .... it's going to take a country shattering - life altering event for the liberals - to shut down their anti-gun rampage and roll back existing laws ....
    I had an Mini-30 once...

ONCE...

Salty's Gun Review on Prepper Forums: This Ruger Mini 30 is a piece of #$%&!!!!
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    I have never owned one, however, I have fixed, made to work many over many decades.

They are of poor quality from my viewpoint, some were sent back to the factory, but to each his own.

That is why I picked the M1 carbine, It works, and I have six of them.

The M1 Garand mentioned would have been first in my book, carried it and the M14 in the service.

Psst .... The mini 30 is not on the OP's list of potential options.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

That dang Watchman watches everything..lol. It seems to be the original premise of the post was to pick out one long gun out of a finite group if he was in a hypothetical world of prepper mental gymnastics. So I chose the shotgun. Yall apparently celebrated 4/20 two days in a row or something.

If I could only have one and I couldn't have my phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range then I guess I'd go with a good 12 gauge pump. You can't beat the versatility.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I guess I'm late to the party, but I wanted to add a vote for the Ruger. Mine (a .223) has never once failed to fire since I bought it back in the early '80s.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

Everyone here knew I would vote for the mini 14, it is my truck gun. They don't come cheap, but they can be left to roll around in a truck or drug through dirt an grime, and its gonna fire. Every time.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links