Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mosin Nagant Archangel stock by ProMag

This is a discussion on Mosin Nagant Archangel stock by ProMag within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Has anyone seen this? ProMag really did a great job on this. The Mosin Nagant ArchAngel stock has a detachable box magazine that is either ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mosin Nagant Archangel stock by ProMag

Administrator

Mosin Nagant Archangel stock by ProMag

Has anyone seen this?

ProMag really did a great job on this. The Mosin Nagant ArchAngel stock has a detachable box magazine that is either 5 round or 10 round and you can still use stripper clips with it. It has cheek riser, adjustable butt pad, and storage compartment located in the grip. Around $150-$200 range. Nice.

Alaska likes this.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Don't get me wrong, I think the Mosin is a fine rifle but when a person starts to sporterize it to a point when they are just polishing a turd. I think it’s a really cool stock and part of me says “Geez wow!” but the beauty of a Mosin is it’s cheap price and affordable ammo. I improved my Mosin, but on a budget to keep it’s cheap affection intact. I got my mosin to group great but I could buy a Walmart special bolt action and outshoot it.
    Last edited by Meangreen; 01-31-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    survival and GTGallop like this.

I like the stock, but tend to agree. The rifle is nice, but it is easy to spend way too much on it!
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

I started to get a Nugget once. But then I was going to need to trim the end down, restake the front sight, then get a stock, then... After I added it up, the $125 POS rifle was more than some new good ones.
    Meangreen likes this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

I wonder what the price for that rifle is - turn key. Not just the stock, but the whole enchilada - bayonet and all.
    KG7NDC

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Well if that stock is running 200 and mosins are running 200 then its a $400 rifle. My brother just bought a sweet
    Interarms bolt action 300 winchest mag based on the Remington 798 which is a great rifle for $390 including a decent
    piece of glass on top. Like someone posted in another thread, Savage, Mossberg, even Remington, Browning etc
    are making decent bolt actions in modern calibers cheap enough - these - Mosin's - don't make that much sense
    to me.

central Florida/now work-living in North Carolina
    i think that is awesome, and will defianetly get one soon. i have the archangel kit on my ruger 10/22 and just love it. made it lighter and more compact,and i mounted ar style iron sights on it so now it doesnt miss
    and i dont know why everyones hating on the mosin i love mine although i have the carbine model but its really accurate for me and throws heavy lead downrange. isnt this the weapon vaselli zitsef (spelling) killed a bunch of nazi's with? must be pretty accurate. (just my opinion)
    survival likes this.

Thats a pretty interesting stock. It gives the gun a lot of potential to be much better than it is in stock form. But I agree with many here, with the cost of a new modern Bolt Action being what they are these days its kind of hard to justify spending that much on it, especially since all the ammo for it is being imported.

But it does make one take pause and wonder though...Just how good would a Mosin Nagant with a new barrel and a after market stock and a Timney Trigger, and a scope mounted to the rear sight base? There are somethings in life you do just cause you can...

Quote Originally Posted by Mule13 View Post
    ...isnt this the weapon vaselli zitsef (spelling) killed a bunch of nazi's with? must be pretty accurate. (just my opinion)
    Just because Og the cave man killed a lot of bears with a stick that had a rock tied on the end, doesn't mean I want one.
    Fact of the matter is, Vasilly Zietzev used the MN because it was what they gave him and it was laying all over Europe at that time. It was the proverbial Rock and Stick of 1943 and had been since 1891 or so.

Now we have better weapons and technology. I'm not running the MN down. Still a fantastic rifle for the money but it isn't what it once was because of developments in arms in the last 125 years. To put it another way... When the MN was born, people looked at the moon and they would continue looking at it for another 70+ years. Then we walked on the moon, and that was 55+ years ago. Now the moon is so "been there / done that" that we canceled all future missions back about 3 years ago.

Would you rather spend $150 on a military surplus rifle that has seen action in at least one war and possibly two. Keep in mind it is longer than Carl Lewis can jump and weighs more than a volkswagen bug. Or would you rather put $350 into a modern bolt action.

I'll still get me a Moist Nugget one day. But it won't be my primary gun. It will be for novelty and fun.
    KG7NDC

To each his own. No disrespect to anyone here, but I dont agree with a lot of sentiments regarding firearm modifications.
    Does it really matter whether the gun is a 2013 model or a 1913 model?
    I don't see how that affects anything when choosing to upgrade a rifle.
    People like to get huffy and call it "Bubba-ing" an old rifle, and "modifications" to a new rifle.
    What makes a cut and crown different between either rifle? Nothing.
    What makes buying an archangel for a mosin any different than buying one for a 10/22? Nothing.
    My 10/22 was nearly the same price as my mosin was.
    I just dont see what the big deal is if people want to spend their hard earned dough modifying their own rifle regardless of the actual "value" of the rifle.
    Hell, sometimes its easier to swallow modifying a cheaper firearm anyhow.
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads