Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

7.62X39 you might like this

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SDF880 
#1 ·
Firm Blends AR-15 and AK-47 Rifles to Create New Mk47 'Mutant'.
I like that it takes standard AK47 mags while some maybe a issue most should work. I already have a dozen drums that will fit it.
I never liked the way the AK mags rotate in to lock but you learn to live with it.
Lot of new stuff introduced this year. Some of it old ideas with a new twist . That don't make it wrong
Seems this one will have other version also.

Firm Blends AR-15 and AK-47 Rifles to Create New Mk47 'Mutant' | Military.com

#4 ·
I like and own both rifles. I am a fan of classic wood AK variants and the AR is my primary gun because it's so versatile. For fun it's the AK for work and when things go bump in the night it's the AR. For more than 5.56/.223 in the AR it would be .300 AAC Blackout for me.

#8 ·
AR / AK both great platforms and both have draw backs. 38 years ago I had an AR but I sold it (had the fun switch) and now I've got a semi auto AK. Don't feel under gun now or then. IMO, it's all what you are comfortable with. Just practice and learn your weapon and you shouldn't have a problem with either.

#10 ·
Interesting! I have both but want to keep them separate! I might be more interested if it was a piston system
but sounds like their DI works fine even very dirty. Price seems too high as well heck I can pick up 3 cheap AKM's right now
for the MSRP of the MK47. I did see 2 on gunbroker a little cheaper than MSRP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.