Some Allies just need to be let go
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Some Allies just need to be let go within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ato-us-defence Germany doesn't want to defend itself. Let them see how they fair with Russia and the Islamist on their own. Close the bases, pull ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Some Allies just need to be let go

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ato-us-defence

Germany doesn't want to defend itself. Let them see how they fair with Russia and the Islamist on their own. Close the bases, pull out, and let the world watch and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ato-us-defence

Germany doesn't want to defend itself. Let them see how they fair with Russia and the Islamist on their own. Close the bases, pull out, and let the world watch and learn.
    And here you have 2 of your allies, both in NATO, having "issues".. you will soon start to pic sides?

Bulgaria Recalls Turkey Ambassador as Tensions Rise in Europe
    Camel923 likes this.

I am of the opinion that we can "help" protect other countries, . . . but they also need to man up.

How about they provide all the real estate, . . . bunkers, . . . buildings, . . . runways, . . . and at least feed our troops????

From what I've heard, . . . we foot the entire bill, . . . and pay horribly high prices for every thing we get there.

Time to take care of the homestead first.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    TG, Inor, Prepared One and 1 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

NATO is one area that I have disagreed with Prez Trump on - you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater - maybe he has decided to see about a remedy - what he did with Germany's Mercal - during her recent visit was right on key - start paying your own way or there'll be problems ...

in regard to Turkey - there's already been NATO pull back - the anti-Russian bulwark Turkey is no more - it's now a Muslim wheeler dealer Turkey out for itself .... started years ago and came more evident when it blocked the US from invading Iraq from the north ... wouldn't doubt it at all that they cooperate with the PLO or ISIS when they attack Israel - probably declare themselves neutral and refuse their NATO commitment in case of a Russian conflict ...
    RedLion and dwight55 like this.
    I llini Warrior

Pay your way or fend for yourself. I'm all for NATO that means something. NATO that enables others to get off with out paying their fair share is just a sucker.

Nato is too large and contains countries that are historic enemies. Germany is so much a willing ally as a conquered nation that was forced into Nato (West Germany) while East Germany was forced into the Warsaw Pact. We still have bases in Germany and Italy from world war two to 1) keep them subjugated and 2) oppose the Warsaw Pact. Now they are staging grounds to enforce our will into the Middle East and Africa as well as oppose Russia. This is something that requires restructuring.
    RedLion likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

From a post WWII baby I can say that Germany is an unwilling participant in NATO, however having said that, lets not forget history. WWI Germany against the world, WWII Germany against the world. Pull out, never! We have given many bases back, but it's a great training ground for out troops, and it's good duty for the soldiers and families (and Civil Servants and Contractors that support them). Does it cost us money, of course it costs, is it cheaper than fighting Russia in a conventional ground/air war in the area, hands down it is.

Turkey is just another backward mid-Eastern country, they have been at war with everybody and each other since the beginning of time, would you trust them to have your back in a conflict... not me, lets cut them loose, or wait until they get overwhelmed and we have to rescue them.

Remember when the sun never set on the British Empire, and the Pound Sterling was "The Money". The British screwed up, they didn't want to spread democracy, they wanted subjects to pay taxes, history has shown that when an empire enters a century, they always screw something up and leave with their tails between their legs.

Rancher

Politics aside, when I was on reforger twice the Bundeswehr troops were fun to hang with.

The knew what they were doing and like us were worried about a Russian invasion.

Things have changed a lot over the 47 years since I was there, I would guess the young ones have no clue today.

Those I dealt with came out of the war and were grateful for our magnanimous help post war, especially 1945-8.

Today they are the richest country there, they need to pay their share, stop giving it to the muzslime bastards!
    dwight55 likes this.

I do not like the Hun bastards. I never have and I never will. We and the Limeys saved the world FROM them, then we and the Limeys saved THEM from Ivan. All the while they talk trash about these United States and the U.K. They have the biggest economy in Europe because they do not have to pay for their own defense, yet they deign to lecture us and talk down to us about we should be more like them? Screw you Heinrich!

This is one area where I am 110% behind President Trump. If the Hun want to be world leaders, then they need to step up to the plate and start acting like one and pay for their own defense. And if they decide to get uppity about it... Remember Dresden you Kraut pricks!
    Prepared One, SOCOM42 and Joe like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Turkey never was our friend. As for all of NATO they are on our side only as long as we pay the bills, do the dirty work and let them have a big voice. Then they still turn on us. Except for a few NATO troops are worthless. Those of you that have been deployed with them know that.
    RedLion and dwight55 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links