Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What is your go to handgun?

17K views 109 replies 69 participants last post by  NoNewBatteries 
#1 ·
If you had to choose one handgun as your go to, what would it be?

#3 ·
As a country boy, my handguns are tools. And just like you wouldn't use a phillips screwdriver to loosen a half inch nut, I have different handguns for different jobs. Ranging from 22 rimfire to 44 magnum.

But, if I had to choose just one for all-around use, excluding concealed carry, it would be my Ruger Blackhawk 45 caliber convertible.
Throw concealed carry into the mix, like going to the store in town, then the only option in my opinion would be a Colt Government Model 45 Automatic.

Reactions: CWOLDOJAX
#18 ·
Sig 320 from what I've read is a really decent choice, lots of LE going to that ..

I was thinking about a video that I saw, I'll try to link it.

Every gun should be a 9mm, Every 9mm Should be a Glock, Every Glock should be a 19

THATS the one I carry most often and is near my front door

Enjoy

#14 ·
Much as I like my autos .Only one to grab and run. 6 inch 357. It can use so many different rounds. Good for man or beast. But I have worked hard not to limit my options so not likely I would ever be limited to one.

#24 ·
If only one for the end of time, last choice and ONLY one. That's easy my 629 44mag 2" barrel. Short enough to conceal, yeah it's not the best CCW. Powerful enough to take care of any problem. Drop dead reliable and YES I will trust my life with it. Easily twice as accurate as any 9mm semi auto at 50 yards. Can you say that about your 2 inch CC 380 or 9mm micro gun??

Kind of a toss up with my Glock 10mm's. But the mags and a semi auto jamming etc, makes those take second place. Big bore S&W revolver is the best SHTF weapon, IMHO.

#30 ·
As in my previous post, bump in the night, my 629 4" goes with me sometimes a 1911 alone or as backup to the 629, have a S&W 41 mag that will do the job also.

One of my all time favorites for CC is a early model60 with Cor-Bon rounds.

When I go to the big city in the winter, the 629 goes in a shoulder rig and a colt commander on the side, where I go is not too good a location.

It is against the law to leave a handgun in a car or truck here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.