What is your go to handgun? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is your go to handgun?

This is a discussion on What is your go to handgun? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; If I could only take one hand gun it would by my full size S&W M&P .40. Better ergo's that a Glock in my opinion, ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What is your go to handgun?

If I could only take one hand gun it would by my full size S&W M&P .40. Better ergo's that a Glock in my opinion, just as reliable, and lighter on the pocket book. I can wear it in an inside or outside waistband holster. The .40 S&W can take care of any possible threat in my location including wild life.
    Maol9 likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I carry my RUGER LCP 380 every day , my Browning Buck Mark is my back up , as for now , I am looking into getting Ruger American 9MM for x-mas , that will then be my every day carry , LCP will be my back up .
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Quote Originally Posted by Targetshooter View Post
    I carry my RUGER LCP 380 every day , my Browning Buck Mark is my back up , as for now , I am looking into getting Ruger American 9MM for x-mas , that will then be my every day carry , LCP will be my back up .
    I too carry the LCP and I recently picked up a Smith SDVE9mm. Most of the time I'll probably carry the LCP because its just so darn convenient to slide the thing into a pocket and go about your business but I wanted something to carry just in case.

Matter of fact I got my IWB holster today courtesy of Dwight55 and it was kind of nice having my right front pocket available for keys instead of my pistol.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Handgun? I have a very nice pointy sharp stick with handwrapped leather grips and tangfolio lazer site. Unbeatable. Replaced my smith 40 and never looked back!!
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Sig P226 with 357SIG rounds in it.
    bigwheel likes this.

Home defense, Walther PPQ in 40.
    For carry a Sig P938 in 9mm is my choice.

It's better to have a weapon that is instinctive to use that you can point and shoot well than to carry a hand cannon.

Quick thought, a career police officer friend has been working with police and FBI departments across the US correlating data from all police shootings across the US the last 2 years to measure how far a suspect moves before going down after being shot by a police officer. It seems there is no difference between a 45ACP, a 40 S&W, and a 9mm. With modern ammo all 3 calibers do the job equally well. Yes, I realize this defies common sense and he personally prefers the 45 but the numbers over hundreds of police shooting say the 9mm is just as effective as the 40 and 45.
    Last edited by John Galt; 10-17-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

PT99-af because for me, it's as easy to shoot as pointing a finger
    Hell, anybody can do that. Hold my beer I'll prove it

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Home defense, Walther PPQ in 40.
    For carry a Sig P938 in 9mm is my choice.

It's better to have a weapon that is instinctive to use that you can point and shoot well than to carry a hand cannon.

Quick thought, a career police officer friend has been working with police and FBI departments across the US correlating data from all police shootings across the US the last 2 years to measure how far a suspect moves before going down after being shot by a police officer. It seems there is no difference between a 45ACP, a 40 S&W, and a 9mm. With modern ammo all 3 calibers do the job equally well. Yes, I realize this defies common sense and he personally prefers the 45 but the numbers over hundreds of police shooting say the 9mm is just as effective as the 40 and 45.
    Well the big study they did which come out in the general vicinity of the 70s said..9 MM and .38 special both had an equally crappy stopping index hovering around 33%. Seems like .45 ACP won the contest at around 75%. Musta been using special ammo on that. Everybody I ever heard about getting shot with one..it just poked a hole with no expansion Guess somebody got hold of some kinda hollowpoint on the success stories. Then they prob needed a throat job to make em feed in the pieces of sheet. We got Okie kin who live close to Missouri..so somebody needs to show me. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Well the big study they did which come out in the general vicinity of the 70s said..9 MM and .38 special both had an equally crappy stopping index hovering around 33%. Seems like .45 ACP won the contest at around 75%. Musta been using special ammo on that. Everybody I ever heard about getting shot with one..it just poked a hole with no expansion Guess somebody got hold of some kinda hollowpoint on the success stories. Then they prob needed a throat job to make em feed in the pieces of sheet. We got Okie kin who live close to Missouri..so somebody needs to show me. lol.
    Back in the 70's I'd agree but the numbers show that modern 9mm is a nasty round. Personally I still prefer the 40 or 45 but will accept 9mm for a lighter carry pistol.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

My Smith and Wesson .45 auto. Nine rounds of bump-in-the-night hollow point reassurance.
    Maol9 likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links