Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

computer magnets

This is a discussion on computer magnets within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; You got an old dead or useless hard drive around laying around? Pull the magnets out of it, they are strong bastards. a buddy of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: computer magnets

Smile computer magnets

You got an old dead or useless hard drive around laying around? Pull the magnets out of it, they are strong bastards.

a buddy of mine did this with his computer magnets:

9UC
    Even thought I carry on the hip even when in the garage/shop area, that's an interesting idea as an alternative when I need to remove it when working under the car.
    shotlady likes this.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, & Vietnam Security Police Assn.

Administrator
    Great call shotlady! I've been using these for a few years now for multiple things. Mainly attaching to a stick and walking around one of my gravel roads picking up nails from construction being done. Sorta like a reverse metal detector. I'm embarrased to say, I went to the range and was trying to pick up spent casings.... DUH BRASS! Also would be good to retreive a fishing pole that went into the water. Right now, the ones I have are in the shed holding some tools up.
    shotlady likes this.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Administrator
    Folks, of course you know this is NOT the proper way to store a gun in the house with children around.
    shotlady likes this.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Well crap, I just tossed like 4 drives last week. Thanks for the heads up.

If you use the magnets to hang up a weapon you may want to glue a thin layerof felt or some sort of material so as not to scratch the exterior of the weapon. I hate it when I scratch a nice weapon.
    shotlady and jrclen like this.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. --Ronald Reagan

I use two of them as Survival does. I mounted them to an aluminum bar shaped like a hockey stick. I sweep the gravel driveway and yard for nails and screws. It also works great to pick up the welding rod stubs after a project.

I like the idea of hanging a handgun. Maybe under a table or somewhere. Good idea.
    shotlady likes this.
    teach and learn - both worthwhile endeavors
    John

9UC
    Quote Originally Posted by survival View Post
    Folks, of course you know this is NOT the proper way to store a gun in the house with children around.
    Attach metal tags to kids, hang them up, then guns are safe.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, & Vietnam Security Police Assn.

Re: computer magnets

Put a piece of para cord in one of the holes for a lanyard and dip the whole thing in Plasti-Dip. The magnet won't rust or scratch whats attached to it. Works great.
    shotlady and survival like this.

thanks survivor for putting that up i was swamped at work and the range tonight... but i didnt want it to go unsaid!
    that wouldbe super for the safe or cabinet door. thanks for the hints to soften them for the scratch protection.

i just got my older son an fs 92 tonight and he needs more shelves in his safe. he says its too pretty to shoot. he just wants to name it and sing it songs of love and beauty. i understand. my beretta is named good morning beautiful. but that little thing sees the sun and the rain quite often. shes my show stopper.

heh the guy at the range says im the only girl he knows with gun drama lol
    Last edited by shotlady; 01-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads