New handgun for CC
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New handgun for CC

This is a discussion on New handgun for CC within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Today I picked up the M&P Shield 9mm for my new CC gun. I cant wait to get it to the range. I love my ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Doc Holliday
  • 1 Post By sideKahr
  • 1 Post By A Watchman
  • 1 Post By Quip
  • 3 Post By csi-tech
  • 1 Post By Doc Holliday
  • 1 Post By TacticalCanuck

Thread: New handgun for CC

New handgun for CC

Today I picked up the M&P Shield 9mm for my new CC gun. I cant wait to get it to the range.
    I love my old CC gun (S&W 1911PD) but its a bit bulky in the summer months, it will be my go to for winter carry though.
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

I've heard a lot about the Shield; all good. Best of luck at the range.
    Doc Holliday likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

Great choice.
    Doc Holliday likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

pic or it doesn't exist
    Doc Holliday likes this.
    To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I let my boy have my Glock 26 and replaced it with the Shield 9mm with the thumb safety so I could carry it in my belly band around my ballistic vest at work. Reliable, slender, compact, accurate, powerful and has a mild recoil impulse. It is my go-to perfect CC/backup gun. I would not trade it for anything. They are also less expensive.
    bigwheel, Slippy and Doc Holliday like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I was searching for a CC holster but I think I will try the one they sell at the gun store... It is made locally (I always like to deal with local retailers) The store clerks were all wearing that holster and the Shield, they all had good things to say about it.

Quip, I will post as soon as I can charge a camera battery, I really need new ones!
    Slippy likes this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

I like my Shield. I'll probably put a few hundred rounds through it this weekend. I just picked up a new kydex holster for it too. Good company who makes it, American made and a family business. I think the name is DFW, I got it on Amazon.

S&W make good pistols and IMHO are more comfy to hold. They take time to break in but damn they run smooth.

Of course, you should turn in your guns and go the way of the sharp stick. While more expensive, you will find walking much more comfortable.
    Doc Holliday likes this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Sponsored Links