Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

fighting positions

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  mcangus 
#1 ·
just a couple of my fighting positions, I have a few. Plant Plant community Leaf Wood Branch
Sky Plant Automotive tire Tree Fence

See less See more
#5 ·
The sand bag one has HORRIBLE line of sight..look like three sides are blocked.

Wood pile...nothing on sides or back..back has large open area behind it. Wood has gaps..unless you built this with concrete filler

Best positions are low, on the military crest , with line of sight on three sides. overhead cover

Honestly..these are both bad....

#6 ·
The "wood" pile is concrete cores - not wood. That alone makes it better than a wood pile. There are still gaps and the person behind it runs the risk of injury due to shattering concrete.

Depending on the field of fire the sand bags are a better cover but that all depends on the area around it.

I don't think much of fortified fighting positions that can be seen. Making furniture in the house out of sand bags that can't be seen would be better as long as you have a good field of fire in all directions. If the enemy can get behind your fortification and you can't see them but they can see you then it is just a grave waiting to be filled in.

#10 ·
The "wood" pile is concrete cores - not wood. That alone makes it better than a wood pile. There are still gaps and the person behind it runs the risk of injury due to shattering concrete.

Depending on the field of fire the sand bags are a better cover but that all depends on the area around it.

I don't think much of fortified fighting positions that can be seen. Making furniture in the house out of sand bags that can't be seen would be better as long as you have a good field of fire in all directions. If the enemy can get behind your fortification and you can't see them but they can see you then it is just a grave waiting to be filled in.
The secondary missile hazard in the concrete core one is why I didn't like it very much!!! I didn't like how high above grade either were or the fact that I didn't noticed a over head cover on the concrete core one, but maybe I am just getting to be that blind.

#7 · (Edited)
thanks fellows for the replies. they are just improved hasty fighting positions at best, the sand bagged one shown here is from a side view... . better then nothing for sure. lets see yalls. and yep when I die, just kick in the sand bags and concrete over me. my fight is here on my property, I aint gunna die tired.
they been up since before y2k. look to the let lower corner of the pic, that's the front of the first sand bagged position, the field of fire goes right down my pvt rd

Attachments

#8 ·
Unless you have other fighting positions that will have interlocking fields of fire these are just positions for cover when retreating or advancing. They will be death traps if you encounter anything more than an individual or two and you try to stay and fight.

#11 ·
Don't know if I would want to be tied down to real estate without support. If they are more than a handful of bad guys they can divide into fire and maneuver teams. One group shoots up your position to keep your head down while the other moves up and blows you away.

#15 ·
Plant Plant community Leaf Wood Branch
you see guys, I have way too much stuff to run off and fight another day. my fight starts and stops on my property. all they got to do is go around. they will have to be determined to flush me out. and I hope they will kick in a few sand bags over me, say a little prayer...something like.......thanks hardcore for pre digging graves for our guys you sent to get there 72 virgins, may you rest in hell.

#16 ·
Hell lets face it, none of us is going to defend a full fledged army coming to get us. But I'd rather think of a gang of scumbags looking for some easy pickings. If I understand your setup correctly, your fighting position is set up covering the main access to your home? There will be plenty of soft-headed liberals for these gangs to feed upon, pop a couple skulls as they approach, and I'd wager they'd want to find an easier target. Of course, having a fall back position, would not be a bad idea either. I give your fighting position a thumbs up.

#17 ·
If you want to argue it, there is no sense in building a fighting position because someone might attack you with a tank...... The thing is to have them but be ready to abandon them if you are going to get overrun. I suppose allot would depend on whether you plan on going the "Lone Wolf" route, or if you plan on having family or friends with you.

I would suggest digging your fighting positions below ground level while still being able to raise your head up to fire at attackers, with overhead cover. Google fighting positions/fox holes. It is much easier to camouflage and perhaps go unnoticed until you open fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.