How Do You Store Your Ammo? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Do You Store Your Ammo?

This is a discussion on How Do You Store Your Ammo? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Man oh man, I only wished I had half that much!!! I guess it doesnt cost to dream, right?...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: How Do You Store Your Ammo?

Man oh man, I only wished I had half that much!!! I guess it doesnt cost to dream, right?

I just stacked another spam can of Tulammo 7.62X39 deep. Now I need about 500 more rounds of 5.56.
    Maol9 and yooper_sjd like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I use mostly steel cans, different sizes. Some plastic for shotgun ammo. I put one or 2 Silica Gel Packets in every container & store about 1/2 in a dry basement 1/2 in other locations. I keep a min of 5k for each cal. & more of the 22lr. Over the years the ammo has looked & fired as new.
    Maol9 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Not unlike dinner, I prefer to make mine fresh when I need it. I store major supplies however I don't keep more than a couple hundred of any caliber made up in advance.

1895gunner
    Maol9, Fish, olydude and 5 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    Reloading - Shooting - Hunting

In our designated safe room I have concrete shelves where I keep steel ammo cans, on bottom I got those big knee high ones, I not only color coated my ammo cans ( maybe this is stupid ) but I also gave them needed spray paint numbers. In our safe room we keep 6 different ammo can colors that are somewhat organized mostly thrown in at random. For us Gold designates 10mm, Silver designates 45 and Bronze for 9mm. Whereas F.D.E is for 762x51, O.D green is for 556 and White is for 12 gauge.

In my gun room I keep most of my playing around ammo in either mags or stacked boxes on shelves, for me personally I hold a certain love for plastic ammo cans because it was my first type of ammo can that I got. I find them to be better for water protection, I keep one stashed in my an old garage on our property with some of our six main ammo types. I also keep a plastic ammo can in my gun room and on our back porch.

But I keep a metal 50 cal can in my truck with extra ammo for my Scar, Glock and 12 gauge. Metal ones work better for more abusive situations, plus could always serve as a wailing weapon themselves, plastic ones might break if you hit a hard enough head.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

in the closet in a shoebox that has AMMO written on it in violet Crayola.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by 1895gunner View Post
    Not unlike dinner, I prefer to make mine fresh when I need it. I store major supplies however I don't keep more than a couple hundred of any caliber made up in advance.

1895gunner
    45-70? nice.
    1895gunner likes this.

[QUOTE=Medic33;1127329]45

Yes sir, 45-70: 300gr Remington JHP in nickel brass over H-4198 powder with Winchester primers. The top picture are 444's with 265gr JFP over the same powder & primers. So much fun to shoot & hunt with!

1895gunner
    Hidden Content
    Reloading - Shooting - Hunting

I bet it goes BOOM too
    1895gunner likes this.

After 20 yrs of being a Gunnersmate in the US Navy, handling and storing countless cans and cases of ammo (and I do mean countless, worked at weapons depot for 6 of the 20 yrs). I prefer my male version of tupperware containers Steel ammo cans!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links