How Do You Store Your Ammo? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Do You Store Your Ammo?

This is a discussion on How Do You Store Your Ammo? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; If the ammo is in cardboard boxes keep it that way. Put the cardboard boxes in a metal ammo can. The U.S. military does it ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How Do You Store Your Ammo?

If the ammo is in cardboard boxes keep it that way. Put the cardboard boxes in a metal ammo can. The U.S. military does it this way. Additionally, the cardboard boxes will have a lot number on them which may be important to know if there is a safety recall of ammo.
    "To survive you must be able to adapt to change."
    SoCal92057

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I'm sure Hillary's brown shirts will appreciate how well marked and organized everyone's ammunition is, when they confiscate it. Just kidding........I hope.
    Hillary's version of the brown shirts will not be a willing excepted as the last group.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Suppressive Fire View Post
    Can? That's a picture of the feed tray. Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaa!

The M134 is a great gun, had a chance to go through a few rounds on Uncle Sam back in 1968, the ready box and Hughes flexible chuting I had held five thousand.

The only problem is it needs power to operate, mine are recoil operated, and much more practical in a tactical situation.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-27-2016 at 01:43 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This is for quick access stuff it works very well if you do it right. At first I did not think it would hold much. Those shelves hold a lot of weight. I was shocked as I kept adding to it.
    How Do You Store Your Ammo?-100_2064.jpg
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Steel and plastic ammo cans and in original boxes for some of it
    Hell, anybody can do that. Hold my beer I'll prove it

Plastic freezer food storage blocks called "lock-n-locks". In a locked steel cabinet, and other places.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

I read somewhere to store it in a cool dry place. Ammo cans with a gasket and perhaps some dessicant. Supposedly will last for decades.
    Box of frogs and SOCOM42 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    This is for quick access stuff it works very well if you do it right. At first I did not think it would hold much. Those shelves hold a lot of weight. I was shocked as I kept adding to it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2064.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	22201
    Great idea.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    I read somewhere to store it in a cool dry place. Ammo cans with a gasket and perhaps some dessicant. Supposedly will last for decades.
    I had a bunch of .303 British, it was still in its original packing, about 80% of it fired, it was from 1913!!!

This also happened with 30/40 Kraig that I went through, I think the date was 1901.

I have about 5k of 8x57 with SS head stamp from WW2 that I use in my MG34, still runs good, virtually 100%.

All the above was well packed in its original packaging.

I still prefer our stuff in its wire bound crates.

Anything I pack has desiccant put in if it is in boxes or bandoliers.

Some packaging (boxes) are made with acid treated paper, any absorbed moisture will damage cases when coming into contact with it.
    Camel923 likes this.

About 1991 I fired off a hundred rounds of 45 acp from ww2. Dad had it in the basement for years. It had been in my trunk for a few years and had antifreeze spilled over it soaking the cardboard boxes. No misfires or other issues. Dad had kept it in the basement.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links