Effective gas masks?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Effective gas masks?

This is a discussion on Effective gas masks? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I've recently bought an Israeli M15 gas mask with filters and I was wondering if it is an effective mask for emergencies, if its not, ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Kauboy
  • 1 Post By paraquack
  • 2 Post By duncan1371

Thread: Effective gas masks?

Effective gas masks?

I've recently bought an Israeli M15 gas mask with filters and I was wondering if it is an effective mask for emergencies, if its not, what superior gas masks are there and where might I acquire one? Advice on filters would also be appreciated, as I'm worried about either a nuclear incident or a super volcano eruption.

Hi there!
    We're not really so much a question answering service than we are a community of like minded people sharing our knowledge.
    If you'd like to partake, kindly drop a line in the "Introductions" forum, and let us know a little about you.
    Then, feel free to continue this thread and you're sure to get *colorful* responses. :D
    A Watchman and Maine-Marine like this.
    Semper paratus!

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzkriegM70 View Post
    I've recently bought an Israeli M15 gas mask with filters and I was wondering if it is an effective mask for emergencies, if its not, what superior gas masks are there and where might I acquire one? Advice on filters would also be appreciated, as I'm worried about either a nuclear incident or a super volcano eruption.
    I like M16's

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A gas mask is only as good as how it fits and the quality of the filters. From everything I read the Israeli mask is very good. As far as a nuclear accident or attack, it should do fine, but you will need to do more than just have a gas mask. While it will protect you from the dangers of inhaled or ingested nuclear materials, I hope you have spares filters. BUT as far as a super volcano, if you are caught in the deluge of ash, the filters will clog up very fast. Have plenty of spares.
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content Our Last Best Hope!

Also one thing people forget is you should be clean shaven. It disrupts the seal and can sometimes prevent it from sealing.
    paraquack and joshuahorn80 like this.

Sponsored Links