Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Leader of 'Calexit' abandons the movement and moves to Russia

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SOCOM42 
#1 ·
@Sasquatch Thought you'd enjoy this one lol

The leader of the Yes California Independence Campaign, Louis Marinelli, announced on April 18 that he "intends to make Russia" his "new home" and is therefore withdrawing his petition for a "Calexit" referendum, the Business Insider reports.

"I have found in Russia a new happiness, a life without the albatross of frustration and resentment towards ones' homeland, and a future detached from the partisan divisions and animosity that has thus engulfed my entire adult life," Marinelli wrote. "Consequently, if the people of Russia would be so kind as to welcome me here on a permanent basis, I intend to make Russia my new home."

Leader of 'Calexit' abandons the movement and lives in Russia | Russia Beyond The Headlines

#3 ·
As I understand it he was already in Russia when he started this thing. He married a Russian girl, that being the reason for him being there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedLion
#5 ·
If this gentleman has decided not to respect and live by our country's constitution, he is free to make his own choices, the very ability to be able to do that is what he fails to recognize. Then so be it. TG, I'm not in any way passing judgment on what freedom exist or not in Russia, because I only know what I read and hear in the media, if he can be happier someplace else, he has my blessing....I have not had the opportunity to have any sort of discussion with any from there other than on this forum.

#9 ·
Oh is he going to be in for a big suprise.

Reactions: Urinal Cake and TG
#12 ·
Did he read the fine print in our Constitution?
Any liberal douchebag leaving the country must take 10 like him along for every year he has voted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.