Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Folks West of the Rockies, It Looks Like You are in Danger!

This is a discussion on Folks West of the Rockies, It Looks Like You are in Danger! within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by retired guard I have to ask how will we tell the difference between radioactive mutants and the other weird stuff that comes ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Folks West of the Rockies, It Looks Like You are in Danger!

Quote Originally Posted by retired guard View Post
    I have to ask how will we tell the difference between radioactive mutants and the other weird stuff that comes out of California?

You have a point!
    retired guard and Denton like this.
    Check out my blog www.SurvivingTheBreaks.com Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on www.PreparednessRadioNetwork.com so be sure to listen out.

Quote Originally Posted by retired guard View Post
    I have to ask how will we tell the difference between radioactive mutants and the other weird stuff that comes out of California?
    The radioactive mutants do not glow in the dark and are generally a lot quieter.
    Denton and retired guard like this.

Why was I recently singled out as being a smart-ass? It is my opinion that if there is one thing that is not in short supply here, it is a sense of humor and the quick wit that makes it a tad biting.

2 sides to every story! You should never just read one article, everything you read has an agenda! =) That said...
    True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster | Deep Sea News

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    2 sides to every story! You should never just read one article, everything you read has an agenda! =) That said...
    True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster | Deep Sea News
    OK, then what is it that is causing havoc with everything from orcas to sea lions to starfish to bald eagles to the amount of dead material on the sea floor to etc...
    Something sure seems a bit askew, to me.
    Call me a skeerdy-cat, but I am not eating anything that comes out of the Pacific any more than I will that which comes out of the Gulf of Mexico, nowadays.

Better cautious than ill and dying, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yeah, it looks like all of North America could be in trouble.

The only precautions I can think of is to not eat Pacific seafood and to eat veggies grown on the eastern side of the country.
    The problem I sea () with that is there aren't any walls in the ocean? What's to keep pacific seafood in the pacific? What's to keep the radiation in the pacific? A large portion of the countries produce is grown in the Central Valley. And moisture evaporating from the pacific is what causes rain over the majority of the country from the northwest all the way to the east coast.
    I think the japs really fucked us on this one, and I don't think iodine pills will save us.
    Denton likes this.

I don't completely believe either one of these articles. hehe I just don't like articles to be presented without a challenged argument.

The Starfish disease that they say could be from radiation has been found for years before the meltdown on the west and east coast. lol But it sure did sound good for their list!
    sparkyprep and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Why was I recently singled out as being a smart-ass? It is my opinion that if there is one thing that is not in short supply here, it is a sense of humor and the quick wit that makes it a tad biting.
    Uh, excuse me but WE (as in a number of us) make sure being a smart-ass is an art form. You should not be singled out. Like the Borg, this a collective effort. Thank you very much
    Denton and Inor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    I don't completely believe either one of these articles. hehe I just don't like articles to be presented without a challenged argument.

The Starfish disease that they say could be from radiation has been found for years before the meltdown on the west and east coast. lol But it sure did sound good for their list!
    Yes, here is an article that points out that this isn't the first time.
    California and the Nation - ?Melting? Starfish Washing up All Along the Coast - Ca - News

That there is no indication that radiation is the direct cause of the aliment does not mean the disruption of the ecosystem by the Pacific disaster isn't indirectly responsible.
    The disease has been noted before, in Southern California back in the mid-‘80s, according to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. That one nearly wiped out all the starfish in the area during El Niņo. But it was always more localized. This outbreak is not only occurring from Orange County to Alaska on the West Coast of the nation.

I think it could be the best thing that could ever happen to California!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads