Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ech. Viralized poultry

This is a discussion on Ech. Viralized poultry within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; This one made my morning....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rice paddy daddy

Thread: Ech. Viralized poultry

Ech. Viralized poultry

This one made my morning.

Of course, you have heard about the genetically modified salmon. They are actually "building" them out of the country and then importing them.
    All govt. approved.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    Samuel Adams

This is why I am going to ramp up my raising of chickens and butcher them myself. I already raise sheep and have several lambs butchered a year. We also buy beef from someone we know that raises the cow locally. We have know idea what the hell goes into our food, but I assure you it is not good. Hopefully this year will be the year we get 100% of our meat supply from either what we raise or from someone that we know.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. --Ronald Reagan

A number of years ago a lot of my neighbors were chicken farmers, before a large nationwide poultry company (name witheld for my own protection) shut down it's local processing plant. If you knew everything involved in commercial chicken raising and processing ya'll would think twice about what brand you buy.
    We do.
    I am firmly convinced that the American rates of cancer, autistic children, obesity and drug resistant bacteria (among other things) are a direct result of what is put in, and put on, the food we eat.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 02-01-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    StarPD45 likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

I live in a county with huge 'egg factories'. They stink and they pollute our water. My nitrate level is very high. I have an RO system. I raise chickens for eggs, but it is getting to be time to raise chicken for meat again. I have done it before, and it isn't that hard. It's messy, but, probably worthwhile given the toxins the industry is passing off as food.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shadownmss View Post
    This is why I am going to ramp up my raising of chickens and butcher them myself. I already raise sheep and have several lambs butchered a year. We also buy beef from someone we know that raises the cow locally. We have know idea what the hell goes into our food, but I assure you it is not good. Hopefully this year will be the year we get 100% of our meat supply from either what we raise or from someone that we know.
    what are your thoughts on raising sheep? I am interested in those or goats because I love lamb. Hard to do?
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

Ads