Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Fluoridated Water

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
The Dangers of Fluoride

-In 2002, nearly 90% of the U.S. population was supplied water via public water systems, around 67% of that number received fluoridated water.

-Fluoride is one of the most toxic substances known to man.

-"No statistically significant differences were found in the decay rates of permanent teeth or the percentages of decay-free children in the fluoridated, non-fluoridated, and partially fluoridated areas."

-Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) typically label sodium fluoride as "…toxic by ingestion, inhalation and skin contact"

-Fluorides are more toxic than lead and only slightly less poisonous than arsenic.

-The practice of water fluoridation has been rejected or banned in several countries including: China, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Japan.

-acute fluoride poisoning include gastric pain, nausea, vomiting, and headaches. Studies have found that these symptoms are produced by a single ingestion of just 0.1 to 0.3 mg/kg (i.e., 0.1 to 0.3 milligrams of fluoride for every kilogram of bodyweight).

-Nursery®, for infants, actually advertises on the label that it has "added fluoride"! Furthermore, this company goes on to state, "If you make the choice not to breastfeed, you can still give your baby all the nutrients he/she needs with commercial formula."

-A child weighing 10 kilograms, therefore, can suffer symptoms of acute toxicity by ingesting just 1 to 3 milligrams of fluoride in a single sitting.

Potential Results of Consuming Fluorides
•Acute Poisoning
•Birth Defects
•Osteoarthritis [1]
•Bone & Uterine Cancer
•Perinatal Death [2]
•Immune System Suppression
•Gastrointestinal Disorders [3]
•Essential enzyme inhibition [4]
•Lowered IQ (especially in young children) [5]
•Skeletal Fluorosis (leading to brittle teeth and bones)

Heres a few links...
The Dangers of Fluoride - Global Healing Center
Is Fluoride Really As Safe As You Are Told? 2/2/02
http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/fluoride-is-poison/
Harvard Study Shows the Effects of Fluoride on Children's IQ
Fluoride Action Network | The Minimum Dose that Produces Acute Fluoride Toxicity

See less See more
#2 ·
That is one of the reasons I use a ProPur water filtration system.

Let's assume for a minute that there is some benefit to putting that "medicine" into the water system. Considering fluoride is also a naturally occurring substance that can also be found in food and water, it should stand to reason that it is irresponsible to also put it into water and toothpaste, not knowing how much people are ingesting.

#3 ·
And how can they control the amount of it that is running through your tap? Is one glass of water more fluoridated than the glass you drank at work 2 hours ago? and with the toothpaste. 1 of the best ways too get a drug into your system is by placing it under one tounge.

Reactions: SDF880 and Denton
#5 ·
Sorry to disagree with you. Fluoride is the 13th most common. Element on the face of the planet. It is in everything we consume. At 1 part per million in the water supply you get many public health benefits And none of the deleterious side effects. Problems start around 30 parts per million if memory serves. Old Greek saying: moderation in all things.

#6 ·
Thats quite alright, everyone has there own beliefs, be them true or not....

#7 ·
This is evidence i have found over the last few days, I am no expert and dont claim too be. My whole goal was too get a like minded perspective on this subject

#10 ·
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying they're wrong. However, I don't believe you're honestly going to try and convince us that the fluoride put in our water is purely out of the goodness of someones heart, and extensively makes an ounce of difference to our oral hygiene... are you?

Let me make those choices. I don't want your help. I will gladly take your advice, but do not force your opinion on me. If my teeth rot and fall out of my head as a result, that's on me in a supposed free country.

#13 ·
Everyone is free to make up their own mind. I have spent years perfecting my craft and what I know. Many years of study and I still go back for more. As my wife says I am never right. Just sharing what I know as fact. I am not saying no side effects, just nothing in the dental literature supporting side effects at 1 ppm.

#15 · (Edited)
Incorrect. People who have flouridated water over 20 years have a significant statistical decline in hip and vertebral fracture when elderly. There is an increase in wrist fractures around the age of 50. Reason unknown. Flouride systemically in a growing child becomes part of the tooth matrix an is much harder for acid to remove as opposed to calcium. Once the primary teeth are developed systemic fluoride is no longer a dental benefit.

#16 ·
I grew up, initially, with fluoridated water, then moved to an area of the country that didn't have it. Because we didn't have it, we took weekly fluoride treatments in school, which was perfectly safe as long as you're not drinking it. The kids who swallowed it, got stomach aches. And that's what they get for not following directions.

My children receive prescriptions from our dentist for it, due to the lack of it provided anywhere other than toothpaste. And we use fluoride toothpaste.

I can say this, I have noticed the difference in dental health between people who had it in their water, and people who didn't. I require very little dental care, and of the people in my age group that I know from the same part of the country I'm from, neither do they. Not so much here. There are nearly as many dentists' offices as there are Starbucks.

The fluoride issue comes up here every 5 years or so. It makes me wonder if the dentists are like the gun control crowd, filling people full of disinformation, using unnecessary scare tactics, and then relish in the carnage that is caused so they can keep fluoride (guns) out of the hands of the American people. Or make a ton of money, work three days a week and own private helicopters....I don't care what any health professional says, preventative medicine is bad for their pocketbook and without bad teeth, dentists wouldn't live like Hollywood plastic surgeons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.