Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Dallas Nurse has Ebola

8K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  Ice Queen 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I imagine the powers that be would go to a whole lot of effort to maintain their stance that it's hard to catch. No one wants to hear that she caught it while wearing a full hazmat suit. I sure hope the public can realize the truth. I was visiting with a friend the other day who asked with skepticism, "Is this ebola thing real?" She heard about it from someone else and didn't believe it was happening. :(

#6 ·
The problem as I see it is that the US government would rather be politically correct (its all about race after all) than to protect the public and save lives of the citizens of this nation. Therefore the CDC despite all proclamations to the contrary is primarily a political entity to scare and force the government's will upon us all disguising it as medicine. Politics before medicine. Does this sound like the USSR to anyone else?

#7 · (Edited)
Blame Barry Sotero.

"HARD to CATCH CDC"? You are so full of feces your eyes are brown. Now we have a health care worker infected on YOUR watch!

3000 troops as Barry's Ginnea pigs?

I'm getting bleceh and detergent this weekend.

Better save yourself and loved ones, Barry will be hiding in a hazmat hole hoping you are all dead when he comes out

#11 ·
TG, regardless when I go to a hospital I NEVER touch my eyes,ears, mouth. I wash my hands and use the hand sanitizer. Maybe the nurse had a lapse? Maybe Ebola is more than they are telling us?

After the hospital visit, my clothes get a hot soapy bleech and plenty of sunlight. Shoes too.

#12 ·
The hand sanitizers are centers of pestilence in this case because isopropyl is not going to get a glycoprotein that tough fast enough to prevent cross contamination - if you are going to use an isopropyl hand sanitizer, carry and use your own. I think it is very risky to use public offered dispensers unless they get filled with something that does kill this one on contact.
Every nurse (at least in army?) Knows that instruments have to soak longer than ever if that is all they have. "Washing" isopropyl over it won't do.

#15 ·
What bothers me most is the vaccine thing. What a fantasy! Hundreds of millions of weakened petri dish athanors to unite - the impossible dream! - h1n1 and obola. Watch them stop protesting ****** and run to ******'s pits for a "free" shot because of how great they are.
What has been seen and heard is the tip of an iceberg that is already on and could only be stopped "the old fashioned" way, but I think the boat of "they are trying to stop it" people gotten pretty empty.

#16 ·
" IPA is a good start."

""BTW, I have advanced degrees in several sciences, one being biochemistry so have all sorts of microbiology laboratory experience"

Then you understood about medical science people not being sure "30 seconds" in IPA is enough these days or for obola and will hold 'em in that bucket longer.
Also, you will be able to gather how a resilient glycoprotein ends up kinda like "you're soaking in it" so I just think it's better to steer them towards peroxide and vinegar which have a much, much faster kill and better contact sterilization.
I was a us physician. The little helpless ones like girls are just a cover - there are few larger killer beasts on the planet.

#17 ·
How does a person in PPE get contaminated?

Let me offer some insight. I am a technician level hazmat responder. I have decades of experience in using PPE and supervised a emergency response team and hazmat program for 6 years in addition to my experience as a responder.
I say this to back up my claim that I know what i am talking about. In my experience we used the terms Level A, Level B, Level C, Level D protective gear. not the level1-4 terms that the media is using.

If PPE is used correctly the chance of contamination is very remote. The trouble with these doctors and nurses is they are getting 2 or 3 day crash courses in using this equipment. THIS IS PISS POOR TRAINING.
It takes hours and hours of practice to don and doff PPE the correct way. The protocol for doing this is rock solid and must be followed to the letter each and every time PPE is used. In addition to wearing the PPE the correct way you must DECON the PPE before taking it off. The contaminant is on the outside of the PPE. You are wrapped in the inside of the PPE. If you do not properly decontaminate the outside of the PPE and remove it in the correct order YOU WILL GET CONTAMINATED !

This is how the greatest majority of responders get contaminated. Not dealing with the hot zone,but peeling out of PPE in the decon zone.
I have seen this shit happen with my own eyes.

Box of Frogs

#20 ·
Totally agree. I have seen it many times myself. I can tell you that the only training I ever got for proper use of PPE was way back when I was in school. I would not feel safe with my own abilities now after all these years. this training is shotty at best and is not reinforced for the majority of medical workers. 99% of those nurses in that hospital I'm sure have no clue how to properly use PPE,
I also agree and said myself back in July, hand sanitizers do not kill Ebola. I think they are giving people a false sense of security that they are killing all those little viruses they hear about but they are being lied to. If used PROPERLY they may decrease the viral load but they do not eliminate them. I never see people use the sanitizers correctly in the first place so they are doing very little to prevent infection.
People on this site were so up in arms about this 1) not coming to the US. 2) Not being a problem if it does cause we are much smarter and medically advanced than the people in Africa. 3) not worried about it cause it isn't going to spread anywhere even if it does get here because we have the facilities and knowledge to prevent it.

Are you fools ready to listen now? It is way past time to take this seriously. I didn't say panic and lock yourselves up in your bug out shelters, I mean take the steps to protect yourselves from it. Become educated about what this disease really is, and how easy if spreads. if you don't already, Start protecting yourselves while in public with proper hand washing, or better yet stay away from contaminants which means people who are sick and places where sick people congregate. If this does show up in your area be prepared to stay home for extended lengths of time to avoid being contaminated.

#19 ·
Concerning hospitals. The USA has some of the best. But with infectious diseases just one mistake makes EVERYONE nearby at risk.

We have become complacent since major diseases have been stopped by vaccinations. We now, thanks to "OPEN BORDERS" have a hole new slew of disease vectors roaming about the land. TB, Polio, smallpox, diphtheria. petussis, were all but eliminated. You can thank Barry Soterro.

Now we have open borders. Think about that? You can avoid AIDs by your own personal conduct. Try that with some of the pathogens I mentioned above. I hope to God, and I am a Christian, your children have immunization. If not you still have time to do so.

I am looking at bulk detergent and solid bleach to store. I know how to make soap and save all my fat and wood ash. Making chlorine is hard but not impossible. Calcium hypochlorite is on the list to get. Iodine stores much better but works slower.

#21 ·
#22 ·
Isnt it just easier to blame the nurses, then to tell the masses that they have not properly trained them?

#25 ·
It can only the nurses fault, not that it might be easier catch then we have been told. How about the family of the guy who brought ebola to Texas by lying about his exposure to it being told that they were under quarantine, and still left their apartment so that the authorities had to put guards on their door? Sounds like a whole family of losers who don't give a rat's behind about anyone else. Then they have the nerve to accuse the hospital of being racist and that's why the guy died. Why hasn't the government put travel restrictions on people coming here from Western Africa, and if they are U.S. Citizens, quarantining them for 3 weeks or so?

I still say that the officials giving the news conference this morning looked afraid.

#27 ·
If I were to take a guess I'd be willing to bet that her infection has to do with the way the entrance into and exit from the patient's room was organized. When we were dealing with lead based paint we had a very strict protocol for going into and out of the contaminated area. I'd be willing to bet that their hazmat suits weren't flushed/deconed before they took them off.

#28 · (Edited)
I have heard in some cases equipment was not all it was said to be. It is said some of them did not have level 4 equipment and this is already suspected text of level 5.
Also, with billions of petris and especially the ones who will take vaccines, it is impossible to ignore the development of....u heard it first on prepper...the BLOOD FLU!
Because that's the cattle chute being framed along here.
Gee, kinda sucks how resurrected Spanish flu and "where actually did it even come from?" Obola are gonna to be mixing in Fergusons nationwide all winter.

It still appears that in round one, home "quarantine", for all it's reasons, is going to be the deal. Food, water and your version of health and prevention. As many months as you are able.
This "thing" is a diversion as well as a disaster and there's more going unsaid in disease 'ville because probably the only thing that's best to say is prep, home, pray.

#32 ·
The CDC plan also includes examining how a health care worker removes protective gear, which Frieden said has “a major potential for risks.”

“It’s not easy to do right,” he said, adding that a health care worker putting on more protective gear “doesn’t make it safer.”

Fauci told ABC’s “This Week”: *“There had to have been an innocent breach of protocol in taking care of a patient within protective equipment. That … rarely happens. We’ve been taking care of Ebola since 1976. It is unfortunate for this courageous health care worker.”

#33 ·
Unprecedented number of medical staff infected with Ebola

Situation assessment - 25 August 2014

The outbreak of Ebola virus disease in west Africa is unprecedented in many ways, including the high proportion of doctors, nurses, and other health care workers who have been infected.

To date, more than 240 health care workers have developed the disease in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, and more than 120 have died.

#42 ·
If anyone "glanced" over this comment or missed it... Read it again

We are all screaming something is a miss, I bet n95 and n100 masks are useless as tits on a bull

As I bet early stages moon suits were not widely issued, why?? Because they are ****en expensive!!

So time for some rethinking

PS. My biggest fear with Ebola is it getting into our livestock population, or horse population (I have pointed out the hendra (sp) virus before)

#34 ·
As of this time, they have not identified the 'breach in protocol' that they are hyping to the news. When you have a illness, which takes only 1 to 10 virons to cause disease, it begs the question if the PPE being used is sufficient. The CDC nurse bashing needs to stop. The public needs a good dose of honesty, cut the PR crap. Just tell the public that we really don't know much about this virus.

#35 ·
As of this time, they have not identified the 'breach in protocol' that they are hyping to the news. When you have a illness, which takes only 1 to 10 virons to cause disease, it begs the question if the PPE being used is sufficient. The CDC nurse bashing needs to stop. The public needs a good dose of honesty, cut the PR crap. Just tell the public that we really don't know much about this virus.
Seems like it would be a tough thing to pull off when I imagine that the other thing they're tasked with is to keep everyone from panicking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.