VA Hospitals Out-Perform Non-VA Hospitals
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on VA Hospitals Out-Perform Non-VA Hospitals within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; I thought that I would post an interesting study for folks to discuss. In this evaluation of the most recent, comprehensive public reporting of VA ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: VA Hospitals Out-Perform Non-VA Hospitals

I thought that I would post an interesting study for folks to discuss.

In this evaluation of the most recent, comprehensive public reporting of VA hospital quality that can be compared with non-VA hospitals, we found that VA hospitals performed better than non-VA hospitals for most outcome measures, but VA hospitals performed worse on certain patient experience measures and behavioral health measures. A recent systematic review was inconclusive about the quality of care provided at VA hospitals vs non-VA hospitals.3 In that analysis, VA hospitals generally performed better than non-VA hospitals with respect to safety and effectiveness of care; however, most of the studies in this review examined only a subset of patients, had a smaller sample size of non-VA Hospitals, used older data, and/or did not examine PSIs or the current patient experience metrics used by CMS.3
    Quality at Veterans Affairs vs Non-Veterans Affairs Hospitals | Health Care Quality | JAMA Internal Medicine | The JAMA Network

It depends on the area. The VA here is excellent. My wife, who works in medical records for a large health care system, reccomends it to people who ask for advice.
    RedLion likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    It depends on the area. The VA here is excellent. My wife, who works in medical records for a large health care system, reccomends it to people who ask for advice.
    I do agree that the VA does have very good care at locations. The old saying that "if you have been to one VA, you have been to one VA" is certainly true.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Depends on agenda of those doing the reporting. Last 8 years has seen VA in may places really go down hill. I do understand that any health care connected to service members is going to have it's own unique problems. A lot of if stems from those working with in the system just not caring one bit and they know knowing will be done to them.
    My last experience with them was a major improvement . I think they had a bit of a shake up.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

When I still lived in Northern Michigan, the VA Healthcare system for the U.P. and Wisconsin was excellant!!!! Moved to Texas in 2009, and ingested by the over whelmed West Texas VA Healthcare system. wow, it was 180 degree change in healthcare. Damn near killed me few yrs back, waiting on a Cardiologist consult for 3 weeks after dropping like a sack of crap on the treadmill during a stress test. Called VA about Cardiologist consult after 3 weeks, their answer was going to get to you next week on that, (also start to new fiscal quarter). I went to the ER 20 mins after phone conversation, was in ER 10 mins and admitted to the cardiac unit of local hospital, next morning got me 3 stents. So that old saying of once visiting one VA, is just like the other sure the hell don't apply in my book.
    Denton and RedLion like this.

Depends on who is making the report. Lot of vets have been left to die when they did not have to. Many still go without needed treatment. We have hope this new Man in charge will turn it around.
    Congress women Tammy knew VA was passing out drugs like candy kill vets did nothing. She was informed directly twice about it. Killing vets with drugs seemed fair to her.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper_sjd View Post
    When I still lived in Northern Michigan, the VA Healthcare system for the U.P. and Wisconsin was excellant!!!! Moved to Texas in 2009, and ingested by the over whelmed West Texas VA Healthcare system. wow, it was 180 degree change in healthcare. Damn near killed me few yrs back, waiting on a Cardiologist consult for 3 weeks after dropping like a sack of crap on the treadmill during a stress test. Called VA about Cardiologist consult after 3 weeks, their answer was going to get to you next week on that, (also start to new fiscal quarter). I went to the ER 20 mins after phone conversation, was in ER 10 mins and admitted to the cardiac unit of local hospital, next morning got me 3 stents. So that old saying of once visiting one VA, is just like the other sure the hell don't apply in my book.
    That was the plan, let you die no longer a burden. happens a lot. First thing they want you do is sign papers letting them pull the plug on you.
    yooper_sjd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper_sjd View Post
    I have gotten feedback from veterans from all over the country in my work. It is pretty clear that you have some very good VA's and some bad VA's. The VA realized this, hence their internal 5 start rating system.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Depends on who is making the report. Lot of vets have been left to die when they did not have to. Many still go without needed treatment. We have hope this new Man in charge will turn it around.
    Congress women Tammy knew VA was passing out drugs like candy kill vets did nothing. She was informed directly twice about it. Killing vets with drugs seemed fair to her.
    Tammy Duckworth?
    I thought she was legit?
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Tammy Duckworth?
    I thought she was legit?
    Tammy Suzanne Green Baldwin as she puts it is one of our gay congresspersons. About all she does is fly around with her girlfriend and ensure vets get no care. But she is a good liberal so she get reelected over and over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links