HEP B scan offering
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HEP B scan offering

This is a discussion on HEP B scan offering within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; VA called they are doing HEP B test on us. Maybe they are just drumming up work now that Trump is in. They called and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HEP B scan offering

HEP B scan offering

VA called they are doing HEP B test on us. Maybe they are just drumming up work now that Trump is in. They called and said I was n the list of needing the test. Fastest appointment I ever got. 2 Feb. If you have not talked with you assigned provider in awhile you may want to check in.
    rice paddy daddy and RedLion like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

I've got anti bodies for Hep A, B, & C in my blood.
    A lot of vets of my era do, the thinking is that it's tied to the mass pressurized injections we got assembly line fashion. I don't know if, or when, they did away with this method of inoculation, but I got a bunch of shots upon entry, another round before leaving for Nam, one round at the 6 month point, and another round before they would let us come back stateside.

The VA did test me for the Hep C virus at one of my routine yearly blood draws, I am negative.
    I have had several civilian and VA docs tell me the antibodies in my blood just mean that I was exposed to the viruses at some point in my life. Not to worry about it.
    To humor the VA, when they asked me if they could check me for HIV I told 'em yes. Negative, of course. (I fit none of the HIV exposure guidelines).
    RedLion likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I've got anti bodies for Hep A, B, & C in my blood.
    A lot of vets of my era do, the thinking is that it's tied to the mass pressurized injections we got assembly line fashion. I don't know if, or when, they did away with this method of inoculation, but I got a bunch of shots upon entry, another round before leaving for Nam, one round at the 6 month point, and another round before they would let us come back stateside.

The VA did test me for the Hep C virus at one of my routine yearly blood draws, I am negative.
    I have had several civilian and VA docs tell me the antibodies in my blood just mean that I was exposed to the viruses at some point in my life. Not to worry about it.
    To humor the VA, when they asked me if they could check me for HIV I told 'em yes. Negative, of course. (I fit none of the HIV exposure guidelines).
    I hear ya, they draw my blood every year. No big mystery. They drew blood every time we deployed. They keep samples and compare them. Their way of avoiding having to provide care for something you got latter in life. At least that is why I think they do it. Last two deployments we were exposed to some local bugs we had to be tested for 3 years after return. And were required to inform medical personal were we were. Nothing ever came of it.
    Always wondered what happen to the air powered injections. They just stopped one day and we never saw them again.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-31-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    RedLion and rice paddy daddy like this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I just took my required test for Hep C. I got an "A", I think.
    RedLion likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

Surprised they are checking specifically for Hep B. Hep C is a huge issue for Vietnam vets. Lots of IV Drug usage and lots of working girls and yes lots of shots done with the air injector guns. So one guy hopefully not the first in line has Hep C he moves gun gets blood on it and it is not cleaned off you end up giving Hep C to the next couple of guys in line.

Last time I used the air guns was gulf war deployment 25 years ago . I had three sets of tips for each gun and would switch out a set every time any blood was see and if no blood every 30 minutes. Just keep cleaning, cold sterilizing then steam sterilizing tips as we were giving immunizations. A properly adjusted air gun does not draw blood as long as the person holds still. We ran over 4 thousand thru and I only had two blood incidents. Going trough the lines some of those guys got 4 or 5 injections.

The guns stopped being used in normal operations due to HIV fears patients just did not trust them though the threat if properly used was very low.

If you get the opportunity to get the Hep A and Hep B vaccinations you should . I think soon most food service workers in high end restaurants will be given Hep A immunization by the employer within the next decade .

If you were a very early recipient of Hep B vaccine you could be in a study of vaccine effectiveness especially if get called in every 5 years or so for a blood draw for them to check titers.
    RedLion likes this.
    Survival Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days. Prepping What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months Seeds and livestock What you need for long term subsistence.

Vietnam is not the only place soldiers have deployed.
    They have been in places many have never heard of and exposed to things many of us can't even spell. Some times even the experts don't know about it until soldiers return and medical issues come up.
    Last time I saw an air injection being used was 1974. For some reason I remember that day. Roll the clock back a few years ,paper records.
    If you did not have that shot record it did not madder if you had marks from just getting the shots , you got then again. Been through that a few times. Dam anthrax 3 times. Now they can encode it on the ID card chip. How many of you still have your yellow shot card?
    Last edited by Smitty901; 02-01-2017 at 05:00 AM.

The Good Cop

I don't know what ever happened to my shot card. I'd love to find it.
    RedLion likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I don't know what ever happened to my shot card. I'd love to find it.
    Towards the end of my journey the computer and ID cards took over. Heck to log into theater all you did was swipe you ID card. Every thing they needed was on the chip.
    When Records were switched over to computer I had most all of my record that were in print form in my hands . They had already been scanned in so no one seemed to care about the ones I had. I still have them . Strange looking back through them. We had a lot of people doing paper work back then.

I'm not military, but the County Health Department said I was overdue for the A & B shots.
    I was due in 1958
    They sent the notice out a couple months ago. Why did they wait so long? Then this thread shows up.
    Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I'm not military, but the County Health Department said I was overdue for the A & B shots.
    I was due in 1958
    They sent the notice out a couple months ago. Why did they wait so long? Then this thread shows up.
    Over and out.

Not understanding your post . You could not have been due a vaccination for Hep A or B in 1958. The immunization did not exist. Not looking anything up off the top of my head I think we started routine immunization of Health Care workers for Hep B in fall of 1986 and it was the fall of 87 before I got everyone in my hospital done as I had to keep waiting on doses of vaccine. 3 doses at 0, 30 days, 6 months. With Hep A two doses and if I recall it was in 1996 or 97 when it became available. The civilian nurse at the immunization clinic called the day she got it in and I had my 10 person Medical Detachment done within a half hour. The old gamma globulin shots were not liked very painful. The gamma globulin was every 6 months if you staid deployed in unsanitary remote areas. Once you had the Hep A series you do not have to repeat.

Is it possible you meant to say you were born in 58.

Many health insurance policies now cover Hep A and B under routine immunizations and it is possible they are just making you aware that it is available if you have not had it. I recommend everyone obtain this immunizations as does the CDC.
    Last edited by RJAMES; 02-01-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Survival Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days. Prepping What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months Seeds and livestock What you need for long term subsistence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links