Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best brands

This is a discussion on Best brands within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Spyderco for folders, but I haven't ever really found a favorite for fixed blades. I've had many good fixed blades and still have quite few, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best brands

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Spyderco for folders, but I haven't ever really found a favorite for fixed blades. I've had many good fixed blades and still have quite few, but haven't ever found the fixed blade yet that makes me not need to look further. Currently I'm pretty happy with my Benchmade Nimravus that is one of my bugout knives, but I still look at other knives. Spyderco has made it so there's no reason to with my Manix. It really is all I need in a folder. If anything I've been wanting another as a spare. For machete's the Cold Steel Latin machete I'm carrying now is pretty damn good, but it's not the end of all machete's for me either. I've got my eye on a few pieces out there right but may just opt for having something custom made if I've got the money to spare coming up. Getting back into martial arts again and looking to study the sword more, I might just pop for a John Gage Beast if I feel frisky.

The Beast

Best brands-beast2.jpg

Becker fixed blades - outstanding products. Everyone should have a BK2.
    Esee fixed blades great knives
    Benchmade and Zero Tolerance folders

Fixed blades -- Blackhawk, Benchmade, SOG, Gerber

Folders -- Benchmade, SOG, Gerber

Bowies -- KABAR Heavy

Machetes -- Martindale Golok 13" Crocodile (used by British Special Forces); Martindale 13 Inch Crocodile Golok 2 with Hardwood Handle

I like my Ka-Bar's, for fixed blade and machete. Folder's I have Gerber and Cold Steel.

Best brands

I don't have a lot of experience with fixed blades but I love my new ESEE Laser Strike for a semi large knife.

For folders I'm a big fan of Kershaw - good "bang for the buck".

parry blade #1
    puma #2
    benchmade USA ONLY #3

For the average guy in a utility knife a Gerber blade is hard to beat for the price. They are good steel, hard but easy to keep sharp and inexpensive enough that you can afford to own more than one. Gerber knives come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and features. I particularly like their skining blades with the broad curve required to do big and medium jobs. Their folding knives are the same grade steel and are, in my mind the ultimate in affordable pocket knives. While there are "better" knives available the finish on the Gerber blades is as good as any mass produced knife on the market.

I really like knives. The only clear favorite I have is Spyderco folders....Paramilitary being my most carried tool.

SOG every day of the week!
    If you're listening to this, you are the resistence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads