Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello. IngaLisa's prepping story in a nutshell.

This is a discussion on Hello. IngaLisa's prepping story in a nutshell. within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hello. Obviously, I am new here. I have been 'prepping' since before it was called that, probably some 25 years. I organically garden an acre, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hello. IngaLisa's prepping story in a nutshell.

Hello. IngaLisa's prepping story in a nutshell.

Hello.

Obviously, I am new here. I have been 'prepping' since before it was called that, probably some 25 years. I organically garden an acre, raise chickens. (Yes, I have butchered and processed them. I much prefer hatching eggs and playing with the babies.) We eat a lot of eggs. I have a lot of different breeds of chickens. I save heirloom seeds from year to year. I can most of our food from the garden. In summer, I have 2 pressure canners going at once, all day long. I also dry some foods, bake breads that we freeze etc. We do freeze stuff, knowing that it could go bad if power is out. I'm a medical professional, so that area is covered. Heat with wood, so that is covered. I sew, quilt and I make soap. I live near 2 major rivers, and a lake nearby and public land nearby. One can hunt here too, if one is so inclined. The only thing I want to shoot is the hawk that ate some of my chickens, but alas, can't do that. Against the law. I do shoot, but there is more to prepping than handling a gun. I'm not all that into killing wildlife unless it's absolutely necessary to eat. If the time comes, the time comes. I have prepared wild game, so, I know the drill. I am exploring how to get my water well to work in a power outage, as well as looking at alternatives to get off the grid totally. I believe in sustainable living. I have a network of somewhat likeminded people, but, I believe I am the one with the largest skill set. I would like to learn more about foraging and also medicinal herbs. Well, that about wraps it up for an intro....in a nutshell.
    hayden and rice paddy daddy like this.

Welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you here.

welcome from Oregon. sounds like we might learn a thing or two from you as well.

Welcome to the forum if I havent already done so in your first thread. You sound like quiet the Suzie Home Maker! I only wished that I had such Mad Skills to offer! Talk about well rounded and jack of all trades...sounds like you can handle just about anything that comes your way. Hope to see you around and see you often so some of that knowledge will rub off a little on me! Being quiet the Neanderthal, I am sure I could use some additional "Refinement" and Domestication!
    Last edited by LunaticFringeInc; 01-30-2013 at 10:38 PM.

9UC
    Welcome from Nevada. Sounds like we could learn quite a bit from you.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, & Vietnam Security Police Assn.

WOW. Talk about the "Ultimate Prepper"... You definitly fit the bill. There r people here that had talked about a well that could operate off grid, but cant remember who it was, will c if I can find it again. But I think that u can help a lot of us underling preppers get more knowledgable.
    Thanks for your post n waiting eagerly for your future posts.
    Last edited by srpumpkin; 01-31-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here. Oh I'm from Georgia by the way hello ya'll. just kidding. It always good to have a network of people whether online such as this or just people you know. I personally have a garden, now how to shoot and hunt with bow or gun and process. But I also have woodworking skills, masonry skills, mechanical skills, and survival skills, martial arts skills and so on. Everybody has different life experiences that can help others as long as we are all willing to share them. As a prepper not only do I want my family to survive whatever hits the fan but others as well. Just saying, not coming down on anyone, I will be glad to help anyone and share the knowledge that I have to whomever asks.

Welcome from Mississippi.

sounds like yer well rounded! welcome from los angeles

There r people here that had talked about a well that could operate off grid,
    Hate to derail but is this the stuff your talking about ?

Ive been looking at a couple variations as Im on a well myself.

stormpump.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads