Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

A US visit from Sweden

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Boss Dog 
#1 ·
Hello!

A semi-active prepper living in Sweden. Since I'm going to California for my fist trip to the US with my wife for a 3+ weeks vacation I'm trying to read up on some possible local hazards and the like over there. Also there seem to be much better range of gear and stuff I heard. :)

Since handguns is pretty much completely forbidden here I'm trying to find a good shooting range and instructor to teach my wife some safe pistol, AK & AR-15 handling in the LA area. You would'nt be let near a shooting range here if you even mentioned the word defense and weapon in the same context...
I could ramble on and on about that but it would be like knocking in open doors in this forum I believe :)

#5 ·
Now that all the people who have never been to CA and/or just repeat what they hear, without ever finding out for themselves, are done telling you about CA let a native born Californian give you some advice.

Like most other places there are great areas of CA and bad areas of CA. If you are headed to LA just stay in the touristy parts and you'll be fine. Firearms and the restrictions aren't as bad as many on this forum would have you think. Types of ammo and mag capacity are a different story.

I'm guessing you will want to visit Disneyland and that will bring you to Orange County. If you are headed to OC you might as well look up Raahauge's range. They will have everything you are looking for and skilled people to help with pretty much any type of training you seek. Depending on where you are in LA D-Land and Raahauge's is about 45 min to an hour away.

If you really want to get crazy and shoot a full auto you'll have to drive 4 hours north to Las Vegas.

Reactions: Diver
#10 ·
Welcome from Florida.
Florida is a MUCH nicer place to visit than LA. And very gun friendly, too.

#13 ·
Got to ask, why Kalifornia? I might be so bold to say that the further you get away from major population centers the better chance you have of finding the training you seek.

On another forum I read where 4 of your police officers from Stockholm were involved in effecting an arrest in NYC subway.

#17 ·
Welcome from Virginia! I hope that you and your wife have a wonderful visit to the U.S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.