I filmed a Chiappa Little Badger 'inadvertent fire' video, dangerous gun alert
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I filmed a Chiappa Little Badger 'inadvertent fire' video, dangerous gun alert within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Working on my review of the Chiappa Little Badger .22LR survival gun for my blog Beans, Bullets, Bandages & You (clicky for the blog) I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I filmed a Chiappa Little Badger 'inadvertent fire' video, dangerous gun alert

Working on my review of the Chiappa Little Badger .22LR survival gun for my blog Beans, Bullets, Bandages & You (clicky for the blog) I went out and filmed an inadvertent firing issue that my Little Badger and a bunch of others have had.

Flat out, folks, this is an extremely dangerous gun and I am posting this before the review is done to warn everybody to not buy this firearm. The review will be scathing (this is not the only issue I've had with the Chiappa).

The first time this happened to me was when I was at the range by myself. I'd owned this gun a couple of years, but just recently got it back from the factory repaired from the last problem it had. I took it out, shot a couple of rounds, and as I snapped it shut for the third round the gun went off.

This is where following safety procedures paid off... the gun was pointed downrange into the berm, barrel slightly down and entirely away from the firing line so even if somebody HAD been there nobody would have been hurt.

Needless to say, I investigated it and found that it is a repeatable malfunction. It is, 100 percent. I then googled the net and found that many others have had the same problem.

This link is to my youtube channel (nothing else is on there yet):

Chiappa "inadvertent fire" done on purpose
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Not good! Glad no one was hurt during testing. Like you said, gun safety is important...some guns can have malfunctions. One reason that a new gun should never be loaded indoors. You never know what it's going to do.
    Salt-N-Pepper likes this.

They better pad the coffers for a lawsuit..Jeesh.
    I will follow you..On Youtube...
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks Salty,

PEOPLE BE SAFE ALWAYS WHEN HANDLING FIREARMS.

Some weapons need to be pulled of the market. You found one. At least this is a case where you can pin point the cause and reproduce it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

My chiappa rhino will fire twice in a row sometimes. In all it's NOT a great weapon seriously and I love the way it looks. It's a one shot wonder.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

thanks and btw I try to stay away from factory built firearms that look as if I put it together in my garage.
    nothing to see here, move along.

If you want a dangerous single shot gun just build a pipe gun. I can't think of any reason to own one of those things

The Good Cop

Chiappa guns of all models are dangerous and should be avoided.
    There are many instances of malfunctions, as noted above.

They should be removed from the market, but the product liability laws are written in such a way as to keep liberals from declaring all guns too dangerous.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

That sucks! A Hi Point is safer.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links