Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I know Hi-Point firearms are not the first choice for a firearm but it put a gun in the reach of folks out there with ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point

I know Hi-Point firearms are not the first choice for a firearm but it put a gun in the reach of folks out there with low income living in a high crime area. There are families out there trying to put food on the table, keep the electricity on and prep on a super tight budget. A gun is always a better option that a kitchen knife when it comes to defending yourself. This video goes over some cheap and easy reliability modifications, some are more known than others. I hope This helps a few people out there

RedLion likes this.

I'm not going to bs you and say I watched the whole 45 minute video. I popped few a few places. But this may be the most useful video I've seen you do yet. Knowing you're liable to catch crap over a hi-point, but every one I've shot has been reliable after polishing the feed ramp. I wouldn't personally carry one since I can afford better quality. But I wouldn't bad mouth anyone that chose to, especially if that's all the budget allowed. I would even go so far as to admit I may buy a couple if I can catch them cheap again just to have for family members in time of need.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)

The Russians did it!

Super Moderator

I know my hipoint jammed up constantly the feed ramp was the issue?
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I know my hipoint jammed up constantly the feed ramp was the issue?
    That or you got a bad magazine. Hipoint magazines are the biggest cause of failure in their pistols, especially the 10 round ones.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I got mine for $80 for the sole purpose of learning to tweak it to help others who may not be able to afford a Glock or something. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment so I try to help find a gun that is in most peoples reach and how to cheaply and easily modify it to make it something that will see them through till they save up for something else. Your right I'm going to catch crap but I don't care because I know it may helps someone and that's one more gun owner exercising their rights. Thanks for the feedback brother

Get a couple for your SHTF stores and future bartering. Defend your own life with a quality firearm.
    SGG likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I have been thinking about a couple of Hipoints just to have as spares. Take them to the range and make the necessary modifications to insure reliability, they are better then throwing sticks and stones. If it's all you can afford I won't fault you for purchasing one but I would upgrade ASAP.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The mag issue is true on the ten rounders. I remember one that a guy had where the magazine would bow out at the seam when loaded to capacity. Hi point replaced the mag and it was fine.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)

The Russians did it!

A Watchman and SOCOM42 like this.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

I owned a Hi Point C9 9mm that I had bought as a backup/truck/barter gun. I polished the feed ramp and it worked like a dream! I eventually gave it to a fellow to use as protection for him and his family and couldn't afford to buy a gun of any kind...that was 8 years ago and he still has it and loves it too...JM2C
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links