Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point

This is a discussion on Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; The older ones I have worked on were junk. NOT ONE MODEL OF HP CAN BE SOLD HERE, THEY ARE BANNED....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Building the untimate SHTF Hi-Point

The older ones I have worked on were junk.

NOT ONE MODEL OF HP CAN BE SOLD HERE, THEY ARE BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    That or you got a bad magazine. Hipoint magazines are the biggest cause of failure in their pistols, especially the 10 round ones.
    Magazines are the biggest failure point in just about every semi auto.
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have a question for all the Hi Point haters out there as well as any former or active LEO's. Is somebody armed with a Hi Point pistol any less of a threat to you than somebody armed with a Glock or Nighthawk Custom 1911? Would you have a different reaction to a threat armed with a Hi Point than one with another handgun? If all the guns you where carrying failed and your choices where a pointy stick or a loaded Hi Point pistol which would you pick up?

Bottom line is that bullets aren't any less deadly if they are shot out of a Hi Point vs any other pistol. Are there better guns, absolutely. Hi Points are kind of a bottom dollar price point gun but they work and they work well when you take care of them. If they are absolutly all you can afford then don't hesitate, go get one and enjoy it. If you can save up a bit more and get a Taurus or entry level Ruger or Smith&Wesson then go that route, your going to get a much better gun.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I have a question for all the Hi Point haters out there as well as any former or active LEO's. Is somebody armed with a Hi Point pistol any less of a threat to you than somebody armed with a Glock or Nighthawk Custom 1911? Would you have a different reaction to a threat armed with a Hi Point than one with another handgun? If all the guns you where carrying failed and your choices where a pointy stick or a loaded Hi Point pistol which would you pick up?

Bottom line is that bullets aren't any less deadly if they are shot out of a Hi Point vs any other pistol. Are there better guns, absolutely. Hi Points are kind of a bottom dollar price point gun but they work and they work well when you take care of them. If they are absolutly all you can afford then don't hesitate, go get one and enjoy it. If you can save up a bit more and get a Taurus or entry level Ruger or Smith&Wesson then go that route, your going to get a much better gun.
    Only three percenter "sheep dog" asshats think that Brand = Lethality...and also believe stopping power is a thing but I digress

A HP will kill you as dead as a SVI 2011 you are correct

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Get a couple for your SHTF stores and future bartering. Defend your own life with a quality firearm.
    yeah it may be a good barter item or something to hand off to the neighbor if you have a common enemy but as far as "the defend your won life with a quality firearm" I say yes if you can afford something higher end I totally encourage to spend the extra money. I did this to help people who can't buy a Glock like you or I can. For some one maybe a single parent living in a high crime, low income neighborhood trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on it is a different story. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and Hi Point put a gun in their reach of people who would not be able to own one otherwise. Anyone can say just save but some people it may take a long, long time. Hi Points are really not that bad. many people say they don't work but if you punch in Hi-Point on YouTube there are 1000's of videos of them working just fine, plus these mods are simple and cheap to do. I'm not a gun snob, I'm just a guy who strongly believe in the right to bear arms and wanted to find a way to help people who may have limited options.

If that's my go-to firearm, I've definitely reached a "Lo-Point."

Seriously, when people cry poor and say they can't afford a better gun; while drinking beer, smoking cigs and eating delivered pizza ... I call bullshit.

A well worn but reliable S&W revo can be had for the price of those guns.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasdangerpowers View Post
    yeah it may be a good barter item or something to hand off to the neighbor if you have a common enemy but as far as "the defend your won life with a quality firearm" I say yes if you can afford something higher end I totally encourage to spend the extra money. I did this to help people who can't buy a Glock like you or I can. For some one maybe a single parent living in a high crime, low income neighborhood trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on it is a different story. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and Hi Point put a gun in their reach of people who would not be able to own one otherwise. Anyone can say just save but some people it may take a long, long time. Hi Points are really not that bad. many people say they don't work but if you punch in Hi-Point on YouTube there are 1000's of videos of them working just fine, plus these mods are simple and cheap to do. I'm not a gun snob, I'm just a guy who strongly believe in the right to bear arms and wanted to find a way to help people who may have limited options.
    Well, Thomas you sure screwed the pooch on this one, huh? Buy a Glock you say .... I would be the last guy to buy a Glock. Try to keep up with me here, every one knows I buy Ruger.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 02-17-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    SGG likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Well, Thomas you sure screwed the pooch on this one, huh? Buy a Glock you say .... I would be the last guy to buy a Glock. Try to keep up with me here, every one knows I buy Ruger.
    lol, yeah ok buy a Ruger I have one too and have no regrets buying it
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    If that's my go-to firearm, I've definitely reached a "Lo-Point."

Seriously, when people cry poor and say they can't afford a better gun; while drinking beer, smoking cigs and eating delivered pizza ... I call bullshit.

A well worn but reliable S&W revo can be had for the price of those guns.
    I assume that a single parent living in a high crime, low income neighborhood trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on may have limited options. You can't pretend to know other people circumstance, sure there are some folk out there blowing money on crap but there are there are some people that are really having a hard time not "drinking beer, smoking cigs and eating delivered pizza" and that is who I am looking to help. When someone thinks they have every one else all figured out without walking a mile in there shoes.................I call bullshit.

^^^ That's fair but when it comes to the general point I was making, I guaran-effin-tee you there are more money wasters buying cheap chit guns than poor, hard working, trying to keep lights on types. Regardless, they can still get a good, used revo for the same money. Hell, if I ever have the opportunity to meet your target demographic - and they're legit, I'll give them a quality firearm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links