Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo availability....

This is a discussion on Ammo availability.... within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Yes folks in case you wondered, Wally World is still selling ammo! You just have to be there when it comes off the truck to ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ammo availability....

Ammo availability....

Yes folks in case you wondered, Wally World is still selling ammo! You just have to be there when it comes off the truck to get in on the deal.

I scammed on 400 rounds of 9mm Federal Value Packs of 100 rounds for 21.00 fun dollars last night at a store up in northern Denton Texas! I would have bought more but they were only allowing 2 boxes per a customer and it was just mne and my buddy so that limited my purchase. They had just put the ammo out less than 10 minutes before we arived at the sproting good section. Looks like they had put about a case worth out as there were about 20 boxes or so there. Yes the price was the same as it was on this UPC code before the mad ruch on those Evil Black Rifles and ammo started. Now if they would have just gotten some 45 ACP in instead... which is what I really wanted instead of 9mm, life would have been even more grand.

So contrary to what you may have herd, they are still selling ammo and they are getting it in but its definitely going to be a case of the "Early Bird Gets the Worm"! You just gotta stalk the ammo case like a vulture, thats all.

I was told Cabelas gets 2 ar's a day to sell. I was told an S and W was bought by a co workers buddy for 999.

yeah, my father didnt believe me that there were some shortages/high demand. I told him I was having trouble finding .22 ammo - totally sold out in 5 different stores in my area. I guess he went to two walmarts in his area - totally sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringeInc View Post
    You just have to be there when it comes off the truck to get in on the deal.

Thats EXACTLY it right there . . . I have been to so many wal marts here in Denver than the one in Cheyenne and Casper wyoming and the one in billings and bare shelves every which way unless you want 30/06 .270 or shotgun shells unfortunately !!

Seems like I am almost ALWAYS there right after everyone leaves with all the ammo

I am working nights and get off at 4 am. Thinking about seeing what is there while there are stocking for the day

I visited Wally on Sunday and they had about 5 boxes of ammo and 3 of them were various shot gun rounds of bird shot.
    The place looked like a looting had occured and even though an employee was in the area she didn't look to be loading the
    shelves.

I spend a lot of time on calguns.net and the forum there has been wild, but there have been "ammo" sitings at Palmetto,
    Midway and a few others. They go fast. Some site called 44mag or something like that posted 29.95 AR magazines
    last night - they are sold out now - 30 rnd metal teflon coated types. Nice. I wouldn't have minded getting 10 but
    I had a busy weekend of dealings and came out way ahead so I have to go with what I got.

Its starting to look like the natives are getting tired of the high prices and once a proposal like Difies - Dies on the
    vine I think a sell off might occur - good times ahead.

I visited two Walmarts this afternoon looking for .22 and .270. One had .270, but said they haven't had .22 in about three weeks. The other one said that someone came in around noon and bought all of the .22 rounds they had... about $800.00. They even bought all of the $3.00, 50-round boxes. Those are about 6 cents per round as apposed to the 550-round Federal boxes at about 3.5 cents per round.

As I was about to leave, the lady I talked to was putting up signs on the ammo case. She said that Walmart just put out a policy this afternoon of a 3-box limit per customer for all ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by drt4lfe View Post
    Not to be hard on anyone, but why were any of you not stocking ammo before this ? I would always try to buy at least a box or two every payday and then a case of two when money permitted.....or why so many not reloading ? I would have guessed that preppers would have been more prepared.....
    I bought by the case until this happened. I am kinda ok on most things but would like to have more for practice. 9mm is the only thing I am lacking and that's because I bought my sig just before the bs happened and didn't have the money at the time to buy.

I actually did a detailed inventory of my ammo this past weekend. Sometimes the brain doesn't keep up with the facts too well, and I was over stocked in 22,9mm,357,20 ga, 7.62x39 and understocked in 223 dang it. I've been shooting it a little too heavy I guess the past year and probably went through 800/1000 rounds. 223/5.56 was the only caliber I felt short and its not like I'm out - just not at the 3k I'd like to be. Wally just started selling 400 round ammo boxes of 223 before this all started and I was hoping to pick one or two up - oh well. I got a trade for 357 to 223 going through that should even me out.

Quote Originally Posted by drt4lfe View Post
    Not to be hard on anyone, but why were any of you not stocking ammo before this ? I would always try to buy at least a box or two every payday and then a case of two when money permitted.....or why so many not reloading ? I would have guessed that preppers would have been more prepared.....

After the shooting I figured If i couldn't beat the ammo shortage so I would join the panic crowd and wen't out and got lucky enough to get a box of .223 for 500$ per 1,000 that I thought I was being burnt on at the time but later found it it was selling for 1$ a shot at gun shows also since I live close to buds gun shop I was lucky enough to get a surplus of AR mags which im currently selling for nearly triple what I paid for them while keeping a few extra for myself. I do remember CCI 100 round bricks were going for 11.99 and Bulk 500 ammo was going for 35$ and I couldn't get around to paying that much but im re-thinking that at the moment as I was going target shooting every weekend hasn't been going on anymore as im afraid of shooting what I have left.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads