Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Predictions for Jan 2014?

This is a discussion on Predictions for Jan 2014? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Where as the current state of supply is not equal to demand in terms of ammunition, components, magazines, and some firearms where will we be ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Predictions for Jan 2014?

Predictions for Jan 2014?

Where as the current state of supply is not equal to demand in terms of ammunition, components, magazines, and some firearms where will we be next year at this time?

1). Regulated out of the semi auto / hi cap market? Maybe for CA, NY, Mass, and Illinois but not national.

2). In a year long contumely flux of hard to get couple with high prices on ammo, magazines and some guns?

3). Back to $25 bricks of 22 LR, $300ish 1,000 rnds of 223, and just slightly higher magazine prices?

4). Back to normal

5). In a sell off from the over hype with bargains galore

I wish for #5 but predict #3.

I predict That the number of weapons I buy and give as gifts and the amount of ammo that goes with them will be a factor in the shortage of supplies.
    Ammo prices should come down a bit until Obama makes his next move.
    After all New Your and Chicago won't be buying much

Not sure about January, but I predict that nothing will change regarding our second amendment rights...No high cap mag ban, no "assault weapons" ban, No compulsory background checks. Nada...

I also predict that people will still be worried about it though, so ARs and Ammo will continue to be in short supply through first quarter 2013.
    Ripon likes this.

I like how you think, but then I live in California where the anti's rule the roost. So nationally I agree with you, but locally I'm not so convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp614 View Post
    Not sure about January, but I predict that nothing will change regarding our second amendment rights...No high cap mag ban, no "assault weapons" ban, No compulsory background checks. Nada...

I also predict that people will still be worried about it though, so ARs and Ammo will continue to be in short supply through first quarter 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp614 View Post

Check with the folks in New York and Chicago they may find this interesting . In case you were not watching NY lost their rights and Chicago made it clear they will top NY.
    Obama has made it clear he will take them at any cost.

I predict prices will stay up, production will go up to meet the demand

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Check with the folks in New York and Chicago they may find this interesting . In case you were not watching NY lost their rights and Chicago made it clear they will top NY.
    Obama has made it clear he will take them at any cost.
    Yeah man, you ain't kidding but it ain't over yet. It'll take a while but I think the Supreme Court will have something to say about it. As for what will happen, I predict there will be a surplus of overpriced firearms on the used market, these will be the people that paid way too much for guns in the panic and are now trying to get what they paid for them.

Smitty NY will still be buying ammo, we'll just have to go to other states to do it so our purchases aren't reported to the State Police.

-Infidel

If capacity catches up with demand, and the economy continues downhill, I could see many who bought at these inflated prices having to unload their toys at fire sale prices to put food on the table. That's when I'll start looking again.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    Samuel Adams

A contract for these is ordered by the military after ir becomes weaponized. Making our guns near obsolete.

As the trends begin to develop in our current political state I do fear:

1) National back ground checks coming; I wouldn't mind that so much if we got something in return like death to the wait period.

2) Hi cap magazine ban - a few places have been putting them on sale when they get them at roughly $17 for 30 round AR
    magazines (M4 223/5.55 types) but if they stop production they could easily hit $50 in no time - they did here in CA for some
    time.

3) Ammo / Gun Taxes - its for the children after all - (oh brothers)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads