Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Another Going Backwards Thread-Grand Rapids Police Going Glock 9mm

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  keith9365 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Here we go! Given the choice I would rather have the Glock 9mm. I was the armorer for my department when I was in law enforcement. Most repair parts were only a few dollars and very easy to work on. It's also much easier for smaller framed officers to shoot it well (unless upper management bean counters opt for 8-12# safety triggers, they suck). Standing by for the charts and graphs that show that .357 sig is better than 9mm, .40 is better than .357, and .45 is a death ray.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Heard the little hick town where I used to work has acquired a bunch of Glock .40s and are allowing the troops to trade in their Sig .40s for the Glocks on a voluntary basis. From what I heard most of the young bucks are going for the Glocks because of the consistent trigger pull. That first double action shot gets them confused. Not sure what right minded person would want to drop to a 9mm. It must be some kinda commie plot.

#5 ·
Not sure what right minded person would want to drop to a 9mm. It must be some kinda commie plot.
No sir, if it were a commie plot they would be dropping down to a 9×18mm Makarov, not the kraut 9x19mm Luger.

#7 ·
Personally I prefer the glock 21 because of the 45 acp cartridge. My wife does very well with the glock 17 , her hands are much smaller than mine. Better to have a 9 mm on target than miss with a 45.

Reactions: keith9365
#8 ·
A co-worker of mine and I recently had this discussion. He's a two-time visitor to the sandbox, and he told me the following story:

He said (not a direct quote but this is the gist of what he said) "I was at a gun show a couple of weekends ago and looking at a S&W 9mm. Another customer asked me if I thought that 9mm was "big enough" to do the job, and I told him it was. He then proceeded to to talk to me about how 45 ACP was far superior and all that, and I just smiled and nodded, knowing this guy has never seen anybody shot with a 9mm. I've seen people shot with 9mm's and let me tell you, they are plenty of gun to get the job done. If you ever see somebody get shot or shoot somebody with a 9mm, then you will never doubt that it's effective."

I was surprised that he brought this story up, he talks about his service time and the stuff they did while at base but he NEVER talks about anything operation or patrols that he was on, and obviously I don't ask.

#9 ·
Im sure it was NATO ball ammo he used as well. Add modern hollow point duty ammo to the mix and 9 is fine. Not all cops are 6' tall. I'm 5'7" 170 lbs. A glock 21 is too big in my hands for comfort.

Reactions: Kauboy
#12 ·
Money is tight they need a lower cost gun. Many have rated the M9 far better than the glock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.