Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Road Rage, is it worth it?

This is a discussion on Road Rage, is it worth it? within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Is it worth getting put in jail because you beat the crap out of someone that flipped you off, ran a stop sign, redlight, tailgated ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator

Road Rage, is it worth it?

Is it worth getting put in jail because you beat the crap out of someone that flipped you off, ran a stop sign, redlight, tailgated you all the way, cused you out or did some other moron move with their SUV? No. I about got shot when a woman about ran me off the road, then rolled down her window and said (Slow down MotherF*****). I am the most careful person on the road and I drive below the speed limit and I always get too close to my side when someone is coming. She, with her SUV Audi was the one flying. To go on, I swing around in someones yard and I chased her down. I pulled to the side of the road where she lives and she jumped out with her monster son and proceeded to yell at me and tell me what kind of person I was. I stayed off her land, but asked her if she had an issue. She told her son to go get the dad and a gun. He ran inside, out he came with his dad and a pistol. All three of them teaming up on me. I could hear the gun click and with my adrenline pumping, I said "Shoot me fuc***"! I put my hands in my coat pocket like I had a gun (I didn't lol) and their tone settled down. Finally after bitching at each other, and tones down to a "be more careful" from both sides. I got back in my car and left.

Lesson learned: If you are going to follow some sheeple down and confront them, be sure to have some protection with you just in case. Also, don't let adrenline bursts do something you don't want it to do. I actually invited them to shoot me! Road rage isn't worth it folks. I could have got killed by some dumb bit** that just didn't take her medicaiton. Leave the rage up to authorities and let them deal with it. Or better yet, if you want to get even, thats what rotten eggs and halloween is for.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Super Moderator

Re: Road Rage, is it worth it?

I tell you, around here it's so common I don't even get mad anymore. You see ppl doing stuff like that ended me laid up CONSTANTLY. I was going to team up with some people and have a law passed against distracted driving, but that doesn't cover driving while being an asshole, which is all too common compared to distracted driving. I'd say 80% of the drivers in the metro area are well below test standard but shoved through by spineless agencies who are just collecting a paycheck. It's some pretty dangerous stuff, the guy who hit me won't be out of the hospital until a new president is in office.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

Super Moderator

I have a friend who got cut off by somebody who was texting or talking (sorry Leon to bring up the recent past) so he followed this person to their destination. He is a big boy (bouncer at a strip club and proceeded to chew them out about their shitty driving. I told him to watch out what he does. Being a big guy if it was a small girl or small man and he approached them while hollering, if the person was carrying they could be justified for shooting him. Not only that, but if it did escalate into a brawl and then law enforcement got involved, my friend would be at fault for antagonizing the other person, all because he followed them home, when he could have just gone about his business.

Your actions can have deadly consequences. Think them through before you act them out.

Oh and for God sake's, get off your damn phones when you are driving!!!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

I don't do the road rage (anymore) , nah, it's not worth it, you will probably never see the other car driver ever again anyway, it's just not worth risking getting stabbed or shot over something trivial, and not worth getting locked up because of your possible actions, nah, I never let it get to me, mind you, my valium and anti-depresants probably help to keep me mellow.

Nope. Not worth it. But I love the people that cut you off, pull out in front of you or otherwise fail to yield, then give YOU the finger, slow down to call you names and cuss you out etc. Their stupidity is not worth the effort it takes for me to react to it. I just smile as I'm calling them my designated name for the day and give them a below dash wave, minus 4 fingers.

The people that commit the wrong, then get confrontational and aggressive with you, over something as simple as a traffic issue, typically have no problem with escalating the situation into violence. Or getting others to help escalate the situation. This behavior is a classic example of someone who has A: A deep rooted sense of entitlement where they genuinely believe the world revolves around them and/or B: An over inflated sense of self that is typically covering up a very low self esteem.

In my state, if you turn and follow someone after/during a road rage incident, even if they were at fault, you have now become the aggressor and bad things will follow. If a police officer didn't witness it, there was no violation, unless they admit it, and you've just become some psychopath chasing down this poor little woman and her child for no reason. So again, Nope. Not worth it. That herd will eventually thin itself.
    Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Fuck You

Too many crazies out there to make it worth it. A friend a mine had a bad habit of flipping everyone off. One day he flips off a guy who cut him off. This guy slows down, rolls down his window and throws a freaking baseball size rock at my friends windshield, smashing it as he is driving 60 mph down the highway. Who the heck drives around with a bunch of rocks on their passenger seat!? It could have been worse and my friend is lucky he did not lose control of his car.
    www.EDCdepot.com If we carry it, so should you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpdogs
    Too many crazies out there to make it worth it. A friend a mine had a bad habit of flipping everyone off. One day he flips off a guy who cut him off. This guy slows down, rolls down his window and throws a freaking baseball size rock at my friends windshield, smashing it as he is driving 60 mph down the highway. Who the heck drives around with a bunch of rocks on their passenger seat!? It could have been worse and my friend is lucky he did not lose control of his car.
    A "friend" of mine from high school, who is a distant cousin of my wife's, was shot and killed driving down the highway after a dispute that started in a parking lot. From the surviving passenger, a bit of a cat and mouse game started after they left the parking lot. Several miles down the highway the other car pulled up next to him and the passenger pulled a gun. My former locker partner roled his window down and yelled "What are you gonna' do? Shoot me?" They did. That was nearly 20 years ago and to this date, the only suspects they had right after the shooting were released because video showed them at a store in another city at the time of the shooting. Still unsolved to my knowledge.
    Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Fuck You

We just had an Arkansas constable shot to death over a road rage incident where he and another man both apparently tried to pull into the same gas pump at a local gas station. The constable, who I went to high school with, approached the other driver with his handgun out and was shot to death when he approached the other vehicle. Since he was not in uniform and did not identify himself the other driver, the shooter, was not charged in this incident. As usual you should NEVER pull a gun out unless you intend to use one and road rage is not worth the result.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Quote Originally Posted by survival View Post
    Is it worth getting put in jail because you beat the crap out of someone that flipped you off, ran a stop sign, redlight, tailgated you all the way, cused you out or did some other moron move with their SUV? No. I about got shot when a woman about ran me off the road, then rolled down her window and said (Slow down MotherF*****). I am the most careful person on the road and I drive below the speed limit and I always get too close to my side when someone is coming. She, with her SUV Audi was the one flying. To go on, I swing around in someones yard and I chased her down. I pulled to the side of the road where she lives and she jumped out with her monster son and proceeded to yell at me and tell me what kind of person I was. I stayed off her land, but asked her if she had an issue. She told her son to go get the dad and a gun. He ran inside, out he came with his dad and a pistol. All three of them teaming up on me. I could hear the gun click and with my adrenline pumping, I said "Shoot me fuc***"! I put my hands in my coat pocket like I had a gun (I didn't lol) and their tone settled down. Finally after bitching at each other, and tones down to a "be more careful" from both sides. I got back in my car and left.

Lesson learned: If you are going to follow some sheeple down and confront them, be sure to have some protection with you just in case. Also, don't let adrenline bursts do something you don't want it to do. I actually invited them to shoot me! Road rage isn't worth it folks. I could have got killed by some dumb bit** that just didn't take her medicaiton. Leave the rage up to authorities and let them deal with it. Or better yet, if you want to get even, thats what rotten eggs and halloween is for.
    It is a good thing you didn't have a gun. At least in my state you would have been in some serious trouble for shooting since you were the one that instigated the situation. The lesson you should have learned isn't take a gun with you to follow a "sheeple" it is don't follow someone to there home and then act in the aggressive manner you did. Be the better person and ignore the lady. Also I'd say they were prepared to handle business with you, doesn't sound too sheepish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinack View Post
    It is a good thing you didn't have a gun. At least in my state you would have been in some serious trouble for shooting since you were the one that instigated the situation. The lesson you should have learned isn't take a gun with you to follow a "sheeple" it is don't follow someone to there home and then act in the aggressive manner you did. Be the better person and ignore the lady. Also I'd say they were prepared to handle business with you, doesn't sound too sheepish to me.
    Please take this advice! Seriously, I'm afraid to ask what you would have done if you were carrying a gun! In fact, I may go so far as recommending you stay away from firearms altogether until you mature a bit more and start showing better judgement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads