Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Help creating a Dog Sign

5K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Kauboy 
#1 ·
OK this is for the computer geeks. I need this picture recreated so that it will fill a full sheet of paper with crisp color and lines. Any skilled people out there?

Rectangle Font Parallel Logo Brand

See less See more
#6 ·
Resolution is too low to enlarge and have any clean lines.
You'd be better off just trying to make one yourself.
The basic shapes and fonts can be made in any graphical software.
Try GIMP or Inkscape. Both are open-source, free, and have a huge community of support and tutorials.

Hell, you could thrown this together in MS Word in a few minutes.

(I might try to recreate it for you... let me see)

#8 ·
Do you have MS Word?
I've thrown it together, but converting it out to something open and standard is giving me fits.

It's borderless too, so printing might be a fun endeavor. Some printers don't like that.

#9 ·
Nevermind, found a way to convert it to PNG.
The filesize is small, but the image is quite large. You should be able to scale it to suit your needs.
View attachment 47010

Click the image above. Click the image that opens. Click the "magnifier" icon to see the full size.
Right click that, and "Save Image As".

Yes, I know... it's huge.

Enjoy!

#10 ·
I know that some wording can actually increase liability. Here, a friend had an intruder and her dog injured them enough to leave a blood trail. Whatever "authority" she talked to said that putting up "Beware of Dog" signs implies that you know your dog is a threat and can increase the chances of being successfully sued.

You could probably go to fiverr.com and hire someone to make it for you at the right size.

#12 ·
I know that some wording can actually increase liability. Here, a friend had an intruder and her dog injured them enough to leave a blood trail. Whatever "authority" she talked to said that putting up "Beware of Dog" signs implies that you know your dog is a threat and can increase the chances of being successfully sued.
From a legal perspective, that's likely true.
Posting a sign does not remove liability from you, the owner, for the actions your dog takes.
If your property causes damage or injury to another, unless explicitly protected by law (like self defense with a firearm), you are still responsible.

#15 ·
OK this is for the computer geeks. I need this picture recreated so that it will fill a full sheet of paper with crisp color and lines. Any skilled people out there?

View attachment 46962
Might I suggest a different sign?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#17 ·
The signs are for after SHTF as a deterrent to go along with other signs that I have. I don't own a dog.

My immediate neighbors will be given the scoop because if someone comes on to my land post WROL trespassing they will probably die.

If someone is trespassing and ignore the signs they are up to no good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#24 · (Edited)
These are the signs I use. My dogs are friendly, but I feel better about at least hopefully avoiding a bad situation. I'm fairly secluded tho so no trouble so far thankfully. I am always outside when the dogs are tho, so not really worried.

I was trying to avoid the negativity a "BEWARE OF DOG" sign would bring, especially having a pitbull

#29 ·
Unfortunately where PQuack and I live we have to print the signs in two languages... because the United States doesn't have an "official" language!!!

My signs are going to be similar to the signs in the ongoing story on another Forum, they are called the "Unwelcome Sign". They don't need to be in two languages.

Rancher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.