No good deed goes unpunished!!!!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on No good deed goes unpunished!!!! within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So yesterday the wife answers the door. A guy asks for me. I go to the door and the guy says angrily, "Why did you ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: No good deed goes unpunished!!!!

So yesterday the wife answers the door. A guy asks for me. I go to the door and the guy says angrily, "Why did you call the police on my mother????"

Now the back story. About 2 weeks ago while on my daily walk around my neighborhood, I see an elderly lady in a power scooter. She's just sitting there, just off the front porch of a house. I say hello but get no response, but she looks at me for a second. I say is everything OK, no response. So I continue on my walk. Within a couple of minutes my retired paramedic brain finally kicks in. While she didn't appear to be in any distress, I wondered if her scooters battery crapped out and she couldn't get into the house, or was she locked out, and so on. My usual path brought me near her again while I was about 1.5 blocks from home and she's still alone, sitting there. Dumb me forgot my cell phone, so I get home, call the police and explain the situation and ask for a wellness check. Next day I see her out there again in the same place, no one else around, but since I had seen the police car when I called, I ignored the situation.

Back to the guy at the front door: I start to explain that I call the PD for a wellness check but he cuts me off before I can get more than a few words out. The guy is shaking his finger in my face and I back away and he follows. He says, "You saw me there with my mother!" I reply no, I never saw you. I see his hands clenching and I retreat into the house and start to push the door closed and he pushes it open without entering, says something about wanting the cable guy, sitting on the floor installing new cable system to hear what I'm saying. I tell him to back away and that I am calling the police. "Good call the police, I'm calling them too," and he backs away and goes to his parked car.

Before the police show up and while the cable guy is outside at his truck, he tells the cable guy to tell me, that he's going for coffee and will be back. So now I'm wandering if his is going for a firearm or who knows what. Both my wife, who is now scared $hitless and I get our pistols and tuck them away so as not to freak out cable guy.

So police show up and he bends the poor cop's ear for about 30+ minutes, with lots of very exaggerated hand gestures pointing to my house. Finally he drives off.

So the officer comes my door. I explain what happened and he is aware of the wellness call. He spent 30ish minutes talking the guy down. Apparently the guy who is single and takes care of his mother felt that by my calling the cops I was saying he was doing such a crappy job of caring for her that a wellness check and "investigation" was warranted and took great offense at what I did. The officer finally managed to convince him I was just being a concerned citizen, etc., etc. On the officer's way out of my house, even the cable guy told the officer the guy was nuts.

The officer doesn't believe anything more will come of it. I hope so, but I guess it's time to carry, too. This has taught me a very valuable lesson about controlling my front door. With the cable guy there, going in and out every few minutes this was an unusual situation but no matter what, in the future, start right then, the HD, burglar resistant screen door will be locked until my wife or I know what's going on. I don't believe a peep hole would work because of the HD screen door. Guess I should consider myself lucky this wasn't a violent confrontation because there is no way in hell I could have done anything to protect myself with my back surgery.
    Denton, Inor, stowlin and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content Our Last Best Hope!

TG

Glad everything turned out ok, sounds like that guy is crazy.

A loyal Doberman named Adolf might help.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You never know which way a situation will turn when getting involved, ,quite a few years ago a friend of mine and I were riding motorcycles, we came upon a car parked on the shoulder, a male and female were out of the car, he was beating the crap out of her, we stopped to intervene, another woman gets out of the car and yelled at us to mind our own business, the male quit beating on the other female, they then got in the car and drove away, this all happened in a span of a few minutes, we took the license no. Of the car and went to the sheriffs department, no cell phones yet, gave the license no., they knew right away who it was, and told us it was wise not to get involved, they would have turned on us, the police have dealt with them before. Paraquack,in my opinion,you did the right thing, be aware and safe and God bless you.
    Last edited by rstanek; 02-17-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    paraquack, Slippy and RedLion like this.

You are way easier going than I. Come to my door liker that better call 911 for medical help. He would not have gotten the chance to make a move at the door.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    A loyal Doberman named Adolf might help.
    Two dobies. When working as a team, they are amazing!
    Camel923, stowlin, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Two dobies. When working as a team, they are amazing!
    You have dogs?

My 10 dogs in the house would have been on him like white on rice.
    Slippy likes this.

WOOOOOOO - don't take that lightly - you got a real excitable crack-pot in your face .... the simple fact that he somehow tracked you down and confronted you - bad juju ....

find a new walking route - don't do anything to inflame the situation ....

if you gave your name to the coppers for that report - LESSON LEARNED - DON'T ....
    Deebo and paraquack like this.
    I llini Warrior

Devils Advocate: He is by himself with his mommy. She probably takes all his time and he has no social life. He probably still hears her (In His Head)tell him he is worthless. He is afraid his meal ticket is going to go away. Next time you go by there, check his car for Obama or Hillary stickers.
    paraquack and Slippy like this.
    Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. George Washington

It is not strange...to mistake change for progress? Millard Fillmore

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links