Cruise to Cuba
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cruise to Cuba

This is a discussion on Cruise to Cuba within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Our vacation has been delayed until next fall so I have to cancel my current vacation plans. I was looking at a fall cruise and ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Cruise to Cuba

Cruise to Cuba

Our vacation has been delayed until next fall so I have to cancel my current vacation plans. I was looking at a fall cruise and see that they now offer cruises with a day or 2 in Havana. Anybody know if Cuba is worth a visit? I've always wanted to go to Bermuda for the history and stories a friend who grew up there told but Cuba sounds intriguing. Bermuda is probably longer than we can be away but Cuba,,, that or Cozamel is do-able this year.

I've only been on one cruise and expected to be disappointed but after acclimating to having so many people around found that I loved the hell out of it. Got to admit that the 1st day with so many people yabbering around me made me want to bolt to a corner but after a day I loved the cruise we did to the Bahamas.

So the question is... is Cuba worth visiting? Do the virgins in Cuba really roll the cigars on their thighs?
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

Look for the ones named Monica.
    A Watchman and rstanek like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

TG

September/October/November is hurricane/storm season.
    Cuba is fun for a couple of days.. Havana is a serious blast from 1950's when it comes to American cars and beautiful crumbling architecture, the markets are fun, drinks are cheap and if you like Cuban food, you'll enjoy yourself.
    RJAMES, bigwheel, Slippy and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I've heard nothing but good things from people that have visited there. It would be interesting to see how time virtually stopped there in the 50's because of Communism. My only advice would be get there before the American businesses do because once they start plopping down McDonald's and KFC it won't be worth visiting anymore.
    TG, RJAMES, bigwheel and 2 others like this.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Hidden Content

I have spent time in Cuba. We of course could not leave the base but still Cuba. The weather is great, fish outstanding. Watch you back when there.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

If you decide to go to Cuba, don't forget to try Ron Varadero Anejo 7 anos. They are the best Rum produced in Cuba. I'm not a Rum drinker, but I enjoyed Ron Varadero a lot. Especially good with a hand rolled cigar.
    TG, bigwheel and Slippy like this.

TG

My first time in Cuba was when I was a pre-teen just before Soviet Union crashed (school visit). After a bunch of necessary assemblies and pioneer meetings, they let us (kids) roam through Havana. Someone taught me how to say "dos cervezas por favor" , so my friend and I had our very first alcohol on a beach, the best trip ever haha I love Cuba! Everyone is super kind and polite.

PS or maybe I was 13, don't remember anymore
    Last edited by TG; 02-17-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    RJAMES, bigwheel, Slippy and 1 others like this.

The lease agreement has no end date. Obama had consider just ending it. We should never end it. Last Time I was there was 1976. The base command restricted us to the beach towards the end and ask us to not return. Quality of Cuba cigars is a modern myth they went down hill after Castro.
    Want a great kick back Little Cayman one of the 3 islands south of Cuba. Some outstand diving.
    6811, A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

We have cruised almost every island. Our favorite is Grenada. They love Americans and Ronald Reagan. We still have our spices shipped to us from there.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.
    Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. George Washington

It is not strange...to mistake change for progress? Millard Fillmore

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links