Deagel still forecasting 260 million population drop for the U.S. - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Deagel still forecasting 260 million population drop for the U.S.

This is a discussion on Deagel still forecasting 260 million population drop for the U.S. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by RedLion I think that we are more vulnerable than we appear. Many things that point to this. All one has to do ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deagel still forecasting 260 million population drop for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I think that we are more vulnerable than we appear. Many things that point to this. All one has to do is recognize how dependent the masses are on the machine of society running as it does without bumps in the road. I have no confidence in the get a trophy for showing up generations.
    And yet after 9/11 the military enrollments surged and our nation rallied together. Of course there will be those that will suffer like those who couldn't get out of Katrinas' way and many died. Yes they shouldn't have had to die if they'd be prepared. Still a lot of people there didn't die and survived just fine - we didn't even lose near 1%. A few years later when fires struck San Diego and put people out of their homes I don't think there was one death as the people there rallied together. I am not saying there are not problem areas like Oakland and bezerkely, but to think in percentages like 50% or higher due to economic conditions - I don't see that. Pandemic - sure - EMP - sure - but not purely economic.
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    And yet after 9/11 the military enrollments surged and our nation rallied together. Of course there will be those that will suffer like those who couldn't get out of Katrinas' way and many died. Yes they shouldn't have had to die if they'd be prepared. Still a lot of people there didn't die and survived just fine - we didn't even lose near 1%. A few years later when fires struck San Diego and put people out of their homes I don't think there was one death as the people there rallied together. I am not saying there are not problem areas like Oakland and bezerkely, but to think in percentages like 50% or higher due to economic conditions - I don't see that. Pandemic - sure - EMP - sure - but not purely economic.
    I totally agree on regional events and even war being a challenge that our nation and people can and will rise to meet.
    With that said, a SHTF event will not be a regional or expected event. It will be an event that will rock everyone and will lead to mass chaos and mass death. An economic collapse would result in massive death. How would a thoroughly dependent society eat, get their medication, etc? You would be guaranteed violence on an epic scale when all money in banks, savings and 401Ks are lost.
    I think that you are too optimistic, and we will have to agree to disagree.

That would make for a big stinking pile o' people!
    Deplorable....just, deplorable...that's me.Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

EMP scenarios estimate casualty figures like those. Interesting parallel.
    "Every day above ground is a good one" Author KO

Guess I didn't read anything about an event, all I read was about an economic collapse. We had a pretty bad economic collapse in 08-09 and I don't recall even 1/10th of 1% of the population dying off because of it. I'm sure there was an increase in suicides and some violence but the numbers just don't come anywhere close to what is projected in the OP document. Again all I read about was an economic collapse - and that alone I don't see killing off half our population.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I totally agree on regional events and even war being a challenge that our nation and people can and will rise to meet.
    With that said, a SHTF event will not be a regional or expected event. It will be an event that will rock everyone and will lead to mass chaos and mass death. An economic collapse would result in massive death. How would a thoroughly dependent society eat, get their medication, etc? You would be guaranteed violence on an epic scale when all money in banks, savings and 401Ks are lost.
    I think that you are too optimistic, and we will have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Guess I didn't read anything about an event, all I read was about an economic collapse. We had a pretty bad economic collapse in 08-09 and I don't recall even 1/10th of 1% of the population dying off because of it. I'm sure there was an increase in suicides and some violence but the numbers just don't come anywhere close to what is projected in the OP document. Again all I read about was an economic collapse - and that alone I don't see killing off half our population.
    Sorry, but 2008-09 was no where near an economic collapse. A recession sure, but we have remained in recession since then. Even the Great Depression was not an economic collapse, but definitely worse than anything since. Again, we will have to agree to disagree.
    stowlin likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links