Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Great Prepper Gathering, 2014

This is a discussion on The Great Prepper Gathering, 2014 within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was just reading BigDogBuck's thread about what this forum means to him. I concur with him. And I thought maybe we could try to ...

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: The Great Prepper Gathering, 2014

The Great Prepper Gathering, 2014

I was just reading BigDogBuck's thread about what this forum means to him. I concur with him. And I thought maybe we could try to have a gathering - like the rendezvous the old 1840's trapper and mountainmen had each year. We could find a central place where whoever can make it, would come to camp, swap fish tales, and just generally put faces and hand shakes to the names we have here.

I feel as if I know so many of you so well. We could stay at a national or state or county park. I don't mind spear-heading this, if anyone is interested. I know everyone couldn't make it. But think how much fun it would be...
    Seneca, mconard, Titan6 and 2 others like this.
    Don't Tread On Me

I'm in!

We're game. What part of the country and when? - Personally, I would favor the Ozarks. (I write this without having even mentioning it to Mrs Inor, but I am sure I can get her to tag along to anywhere except the coasts.) - Mrs Inor just chimed in: she suggests somewhere in OK.

Some time around spring break would be great. Wife and I could get some time off bring the kids mak a mini vaca outta it. Live in kansas so am pretty central ozarks is pretty country that time of year. But any local would be great

I will give it my best shot to be there.

I'd definitely consider it if this happened! I'd even help with registration/name tags, etc. since I've put together multiple medical conferences before!
    MikeyPrepper likes this.
    “Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”
    ― Gregory Peck

Name tags are my single greatest fear in life, so I'll have to pass on those. Sticky little hello.... shudder... anyways, depending on how much time we have to prepare and what not, we would definitely give it some heavy consideration!
    MikeyPrepper likes this.
    Don't stock up on firearms! Stock up on bacon! I will fight for anyone who has bacon.

No, I'd just use our forum 'handles'......so we could put face to names; I'd use those little sticky ones that could easily be replaced.
    longrider likes this.
    “Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”
    ― Gregory Peck

I would also be willing to lend a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I was just reading BigDogBuck's thread about what this forum means to him. I concur with him. And I thought maybe we could try to have a gathering - like the rendezvous the old 1840's trapper and mountainmen had each year. We could find a central place where whoever can make it, would come to camp, swap fish tales, and just generally put faces and hand shakes to the names we have here.

I feel as if I know so many of you so well. We could stay at a national or state or county park. I don't mind spear-heading this, if anyone is interested. I know everyone couldn't make it. But think how much fun it would be...
    That's actually a very good idea, yet why a single event? In the early days (Pre Y2K) I'd have said, no way. There wasn't enough interest or people. These days the prepping/survivalist community has grown to a size that there are enough people prepping or interested in prepping that, an enterprising individual could host prepping shows or rendezvous. Similar to the way gun shows are promoted. Now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised this isn't happening.
    longrider likes this.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads