Hypothetical SHTF scenario
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Hypothetical SHTF scenario within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Several books recently I've listened to had different starts with the same outcome. I didn't plan to listen to this specific outcome but that's how ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hypothetical SHTF scenario

Several books recently I've listened to had different starts with the same outcome. I didn't plan to listen to this specific outcome but that's how it played out.

Hypothetical question here. What happens if the result of whatever happens results in tyranny? The Constitution being suspended? In one book everyone just accepted the fact. Another left it hanging just as martial law was being implemented. Do you think people will just lay down and take it?
    RedLion likes this.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Several books recently I've listened to had different starts with the same outcome. I didn't plan to listen to this specific outcome but that's how it played out.

Hypothetical question here. What happens if the result of whatever happens results in tyranny? The Constitution being suspended? In one book everyone just accepted the fact. Another left it hanging just as martial law was being implemented. Do you think people will just lay down and take it?
    At the time of the revolutionary war at the inception of our nation there were divisions among the people of the colonies. Some were willing to stay with the crown and as history tells us others were willing to give all they had to be free from tyranny. I imagine it will be the same if it happens again. There are those who have a vested interest in not making waves no matter what form of governance exists. They will sit back and allow things to take place that would be detrimental to the masses. Then there are the working class dogs like many of us on this forum who will be compelled to take up arms in order to keep our republic as God intended it to be. The cultural diversity that exists today is exponentially larger than it was in the days of the American Revolution. It will or would be much more complex than it was before. God help us!
    RedLion likes this.

People need to remember History... I'm not getting on any Train!

I would rather go down fighting than in a Gas Chamber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

TG

Consider Soviet Union. People fought hard against the first revolution in 1905 and fought harder in second revolution in 1917, tyranny won because people were starving and desperate, tyranny continued and many gave up the fight because everyone was given work in exchange for keeping quiet and not questioning the tyrant. If anyone questioned, their whole family, including kids simply disappeared, forever or sent to Siberia with just clothes on their backs.
    It is easy for any type of tyranny to thrive, so many possibilities.

PS just finished an ESL accent coaching class, my mind is now blank, I hope what I wrote above was written in English.
    RedLion and RJAMES like this.

Guerrilla Warfare. The communist perfected it: Cuba, Vietnam, China, Latin America. Books are written on the subject. Some of them are training manuals.

inceptor you already bought the library but for those that want to check out these books and don't want to buy the library then still go to the trading post/classifieds and scroll down to my Electronic Library thread. Then scroll down Military Files section and then to Guerrilla Warfare where you will find a good list of books by name on the subject. If you look hard enough on the net you will find all of these on Adobe PDF.

Or you can just make it easy on you and make me happy and buy the library.

Probably my favorite is FMFRP 12-18 MAO TSE TUNG ON GUERRILLA WARFARE. I have the civilian book hard copy. Its written by a Marine general and his widow gave the Marine Corp permission to make a manual out of it. Mao knew his stuff and gives many observations and opinions on guerrilla warfare.

The US military gained experience fighting guerrilla warfare in Vietnam and then in the Middle East but does not have much experience conducting it (not including Special Forces).
    inceptor, TG, RedLion and 1 others like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post

just finished an ESL accent coaching class, my mind is now blank, I hope what I wrote above was written in English.

Yes, the line is in English, did you write something else? the page is blank, like your mind?
    TG and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Consider Soviet Union. People fought hard against the first revolution in 1905 and fought harder in second revolution in 1917, tyranny won because people were starving and desperate, tyranny continued and many gave up the fight because everyone was given work in exchange for keeping quiet and not questioning the tyrant. If anyone questioned, their whole family, including kids simply disappeared, forever or sent to Siberia with just clothes on their backs.
    It is easy for any type of tyranny to thrive, so many possibilities.

PS just finished an ESL accent coaching class, my mind is now blank, I hope what I wrote above was written in English.
    Was written very well.
    TG and RedLion like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Sorry, @TG, you must be tired. You wrote in Russian. So I wrote this in Russian also to make it easier for you to understand. I hope the on line translator I used worked well.
    MaterielGeneral and TG like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)

The Russians did it!

TG

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Yes, the line is in English, did you write something else? the page is blank, like your mind?
    I just had to read 30 different English sentenses without a hint of Russian accent, not even rolling my R's. It would implode anyone's brain
    SOCOM42 and inceptor like this.

TG

haha ok back to the original topic!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links