Bye Bye Polaris , Victory
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Bye Bye Polaris , Victory within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We will put Harley out of business, we will crush them. OOPs did not work out. Polaris to winds down Victory brand. Nice way to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bye Bye Polaris , Victory

We will put Harley out of business, we will crush them. OOPs did not work out. Polaris to winds down Victory brand. Nice way to say shut it down.
    Good bye and may you take that junk phony Indian brand with you. hey here is an Idea name it Victory, I hear the name is not being used any more.
    Every year sense 1903 someone was putting HD under. Still rolling

Polaris winds down Victory brand | Powersports Business

I know meaningless to most of you but a few will understand it.
    dwight55 and phrogman like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I had an Indian, came in a crate with a sidecar.

Was made in 1944, I got it in 1955 for $50.00.

Wish I still had it, just have a 1968 BSA today.

I remember HD trying to commit suicide using jap parts and bearings.
    6811 likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    They made a mistake. The Indian name is subject to fail again and again and again.

Say goodbye to Iowa-made Victory Motorcycles

Polaris Industries, a global producer of motorcycles, snowmobiles and off-road vehicles, is pulling the plug on its 18-year-old Iowa-made Victory Motorcycles brand.

The unique sporty muscular motorcycles were introduced in 1998 as American-made alternative to Milwaukee-based Harley-Davidson and foreign bike makers such as Yamaha, Honda and

In 2011, Polaris acquired the iconic Indian Motorcycle brand, which had been revived after production ceased in both 1953 and again in 2003.*Polaris currently assembles both Indian and*Victory bikes at its*Spirit Lake plant, which will now double down on the Indian brand

"We will refocus our resources and manufacturing capacity in Spirit Lake, Ia., and Spearfish, S.D., on Indian Motorcycle production," spokeswoman Megan Kathman said in a statement

Say goodbye to Iowa-made Victory Motorcycles
    Last edited by hawgrider; 01-10-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

While Victory bikes are quality, the bike market is saturated with brands. Polaris will continue to thrive at what they do best, make sleds.

Of all the bikes I have owned I liked my Ultra Classic the best. Everything worked and it ran great the whole time I had it. A friend had a victory vision. It was also a well built, nice bike......That looked completely stupid. There is far more support for Harley in America and shops in every town. While I wasn't crazy about the water cooled heads at first and the change they made in the way it looks, I still love them. If they finally solved the problems in the Twin Cam design (crappy, exploding timing chain tensioners etc.) they are also very, very reliable.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We will put Harley out of business, we will crush them. OOPs did not work out. Polaris to winds down Victory brand. Nice way to say shut it down.
    Good bye and may you take that junk phony Indian brand with you. hey here is an Idea name it Victory, I hear the name is not being used any more.
    Every year sense 1903 someone was putting HD under. Still rolling

Polaris winds down Victory brand | Powersports Business

I know meaningless to most of you but a few will understand it.
    How about a three wheeler, . . . with training wheels, . . . could call it the Victory Hope and Change............

Build em in Chicago, . . . put a plastic holster up front for a Hi Point 9mm.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy and Chipper like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Road King!
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

[QUOTE=csi

Two with the liquid cooled heads no issue and well over 100K. The M8 is a different machine. While the frame is the same, the list of changes including the M8 engine and transmission were enough for me to trade a 2016 for one.
    Having put a lot of miles on HD I can say that most of the internet issue with HD are owner induced.
    As for quality Victory had a long list of issues and having to warranty them was one of the reasons listed for dropping them. Polaris sale are slipping and warranty is a part of that reason. After purchasing a 2013 Polaris ATV , and my experience with Polaris I will never give them a dime again. Nice to know a brand new ATV that does not run is not covered under warranty.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Bombardier i believe, is Polaris parent company. They should stick with planes.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links