Bye Bye Polaris , Victory - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bye Bye Polaris , Victory

This is a discussion on Bye Bye Polaris , Victory within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by csi-tech Bombardier i believe, is Polaris parent company. They should stick with planes. Thought Bombardier was Ski Doo not Polaris. Isn't Bombardier ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bye Bye Polaris , Victory

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Bombardier i believe, is Polaris parent company. They should stick with planes.
    Thought Bombardier was Ski Doo not Polaris. Isn't Bombardier Canadian...

Bombardier - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Inc.

Polaris - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris_Industries
    Last edited by hawgrider; 01-11-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added links
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."

Dirty secret few wanted to talk about. Polaris was not doing very well at warranty support for the Victory. Second parts were very hard to come by. Many owners had bikes parked waiting on parts. Polaris would give the parts to dealers for warranty and make others wait.
    What would really hurt is to be someone that purchased the last year or two. If they financed they are way under water now.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Dirty secret few wanted to talk about. Polaris was not doing very well at warranty support for the Victory. Second parts were very hard to come by. Many owners had bikes parked waiting on parts. Polaris would give the parts to dealers for warranty and make others wait.
    What would really hurt is to be someone that purchased the last year or two. If they financed they are way under water now.
    I ran Polaris sleds for over a decade never had a issue. My son inlaw and daughter has a Victory Cross Country it is a excellent Motorcycle. My daughter and him run Polaris quads 2015 sportsmans excellent machines. I haven't heard about these warranty issues.
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I hope that Polaris does well with the Indian, we all realize that it's not the Indian of days gone by, but I wish them good luck against HD that has turned itself around since my youth, where you would walk into an HD showroom and every bike had a square of cardboard under it to catch the oil leaks . A friend of mine bought an Indian when they first came back out, I just tease him and call him Johnny Polaris...his name is John.

Rancher
    hawgrider likes this.

There is no doubt HD can make the Baggers faster. The question is should they. The M8 engine will likely down the road be sold as a 114 standard. Not sure if it would madder to me. The 107 version is more than enough. EPA restriction are changing the industry. I have Victory, the fake Indian and all of the metric attempts at building a HD bagger All in there way an ok ride but they just don't live up to the HD. I was interested in the Victory at one time but the problems turned me off. My bad experience with Polaris will stick with me a long time. Living in Wisconsin I know they build great sleds.
    The fake Indian as of now is nothing other than a bragging rights toy. Maybe they can turn that around time will tell. I likely ride out of this life on a HD. God willing there are still a couple more news ones for us to come before we are done.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I looked at the Victory equivalent before I bought my street glide and it wasn't worth the change to save $1000. I think that was another of their issues, they wanted too much for their product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links