What could go wrong:
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What could go wrong:

This is a discussion on What could go wrong: within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Pentagon successfully tests micro-drone swarm Don't like Bill Gates, don't care for that Musk guy, liked Jobs when he was alive, and don't know Hawkings ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mish

Thread: What could go wrong:

What could go wrong:

Pentagon successfully tests micro-drone swarm

Don't like Bill Gates, don't care for that Musk guy, liked Jobs when he was alive, and don't know Hawkings or like his atheism, but their hew and cry about the machines has always resonated it with me.

Super Moderator

They "said" they successfully tested it. This could be another bluff like the Star Wars program of the 80's to concern enemies like Russia, China and North Korea. I have no doubt they are working on stuff like this but from I've seen of that type of technology it seems if we are still years away.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

stowlin likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It was on 60 minutes Sunday, pretty impressive,BUT, what should be the limit, they can repair themselves, self organize, determine the target, they asked a general in charge of the program if the drones should be allowed to kill humans, he wouldn't answer the question, this is scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    It was on 60 minutes Sunday, pretty impressive,BUT, what should be the limit, they can repair themselves, self organize, determine the target, they asked a general in charge of the program if the drones should be allowed to kill humans, he wouldn't answer the question, this is scary stuff.
    It was a similar conversation I saw with the president of Ford Motor company and self driving or autonomous cars. What does the car do if it has to decide between its occupants life and that of another person - say a pedestrian? Who lives/ who dies/ do we teach a machine to decide that - oh my?

AI is inevitable. I can see where we could loose control of the technology very easily and quickly. Think about it, the government is in charge, when have they kept control of anything, ever? We don't have to worry about an asteroid. We will kill ourselves long before that happens.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I am not a fan. Too much here than will be used to abuse otherwise peaceful citizens.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Sponsored Links