Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls

This is a discussion on Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Next time I'm forced into a mall, I'll wear this...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls

TG

Next time I'm forced into a mall, I'll wear this

Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls-img_7533.jpg
    csi-tech likes this.

My BIL is an executive with Sears. We have encouraged him to jump ship and take his years of experience to a more viable company. He loves Sears.....
    TG likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    The most iconic stores are going to go down. Sears will not make it in the new world. I've tried shopping online and it's just too clunky. The store is even worse. They haven't adapted to the new world around them...sad.
    If you look at the bright side...WOW, there is a huge opportunity for a whole new generation of biz owners!! New money!! Support the new little guy!! They might be the next Sears in the making!!

America is great!!

Cut the crap will ya Mishy .... geez, just send a pic of the new boots ya got picked out and we will all go in together on them. Just to shut ya up!
    Mish likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The closest mall to me is 30+ miles away. With the 15 inches of snow we got yesterday (it's definitely winter in Central Oregon) there is no way I am driving. Besides, it is just too easy to say "Alexa, order me cat litter" and have it arrive on my door step.

I have always hated malls. With online shopping what it is today, unless I need it right now, I buy it online

Droid did it!

The only time we go to the mall if for shoes and clothing. We try to make that a once a year or twice a year. If we could get the girl to quit growing it would be less than that. All Christmas/birthday and other special occasion shopping is done online. The local Kmart closed a few years ago with no notice, I am not sure our local community misses it at all.

For us its online Prime shopping with the subscription service. I don't even have to remember to order the basics. I have them set up to come as needed. Now if I could just get online shopping for all of our food I would be happy. I very much hate retail shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    The most iconic stores are going to go down. Sears will not make it in the new world. I've tried shopping online and it's just too clunky. The store is even worse. They haven't adapted to the new world around them...sad.
    If you look at the bright side...WOW, there is a huge opportunity for a whole new generation of biz owners!! New money!! Support the new little guy!! They might be the next Sears in the making!!

America is great!!
    Unlikely Mish. Inventory cost money. Customers must pay for that inventory and they will not anymore. They will order from a 24/7 in and out wear house like Amazon.
    In some cases place like Amazon may never even touch the product but it ships directly from the manufacture.
    Some of the parts I order from other places come like that now. Manufacture ships it UPS they pick it up then they reliable it and send it USPS. UPS pockets the shipping profit. The company I ordered the parts from never touched it . They just brokered the deal and handled payments.
    I like being able to go in a buy what I want ,that is getting harder and harder to do.
    Even service based companies around here have no one in an office every thing is done phone or email. Furnace/AC repair. They have a very small inventory of parts. All ordered next day air. What they have is on trucks back room in almost bear. Need a blower for a carrier furnace model xxx. They put out the call to see if one is on a truck, if not they take one out of a new one on the floor and order next day air replacement.
    Two Sear outlets with in 30 miles of me. I try to support them . They are not Corporate owned.
    TG likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Amazon is awesome! I'm over seas right now and my packages make it out here in 6-8 days from ordering.
    TG likes this.

It isn't that the malls are dying, it's that malls are overpopulated and need to be culled.
    Yes it will be less convenient for shoppers, but 5 stores selling $10k a month is not as good as 1 store selling $50k a month.
    taxes, fees, salaries, rent, etc.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links