Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls

This is a discussion on Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; There are somethings that I just need to put my hands on to check it out. Other than that though, I do the majority of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Kmart Sears Macys and the future of malls

There are somethings that I just need to put my hands on to check it out. Other than that though, I do the majority of my shopping online. This way I don't have to deal with a bunch of idiots out and about.
    TG likes this.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    There are somethings that I just need to put my hands on to check it out. Other than that though, I do the majority of my shopping online. This way I don't have to deal with a bunch of idiots out and about.
    Same here. I had no choice a few days ago, my Winter boots soles cracked and were letting in snow so I forced myself into a mall to try on boots, it's always an excruciatingly painful experience because almost all of the ladies' boots/shoes have some awful girly designs and colours... do I really need flowers on the boots I will be wearing for walking through a half frozen creek?
    Finally found a pair and hightailed out of there. I know I can buy shoes online but for me, trying them is a must, I have narrow feet lol
    I hate malls..

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Same here. I had no choice a few days ago, my Winter boots soles cracked and were letting in snow so I forced myself into a mall to try on boots, it's always an excruciatingly painful experience because almost all of the ladies' boots/shoes have some awful girly designs and colours... do I really need flowers on the boots I will be wearing for walking through a half frozen creek?
    Finally found a pair and hightailed out of there. I know I can buy shoes online but for me, trying them is a must, I have narrow feet lol
    I hate malls..
    Shoes/boots for me, I have to try them on also. Not buying them online.
    Prepared One likes this.

TG

A friend of mine happened to be at a mall during a shooting, she said that the mass exodus out of the mall was worse than the actual shooting and some young men started to grab items off shelves and run, trying to take advantage of panic.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Buddy of mine delivers mail for the post office. He says their package delivery business in the last few months has exploded.
    Ha, we got 2 small heavy packages, the yellow slip in the PO box said location, on the floor... The clerk wheeled them to the package pickup door with a dolly, I could tell he wanted to know what was in them, they didn't have a label ORM-D... so I told him, wife orders stuff thru Amazon free delivery, 42 pound bags of kitty litter, 2 of them...he just shook his head!!!

Rancher

In the large town and small city near me, malls have become a shopping attraction for young adult and kid type merchandisers. Yes, the anchor stores (Dillard's, Sears and Penny's) are still there but are losing their significance as a part of the "mall" experience. The higher end retail outlets (and not so higher end) are building individual storefronts in these large shopping center mega developments joined by restaurants and entertainment options. They resemble the old outlet mall marketing approach from an aesthetic worldview.
    Prepared One likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Shoes, boots, and dress clothes I will not buy on line, anything else I can find on line is fair game.
    TG likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

My order of Auguson Farms food, which was scheduled for delivery Jan 27, arrived today. Little wonder that Amazon is kicking mall butt.
    President Trump: Revenge of the Deplorables.

49 years ago we raced go carts in the K mark parking lot on Sunday. And it was allowed and legal. From around that time until about 30 years ago just about every thing we could buy new came from Sears.
    For me what changed was Sears no longer sold a great product I was willing to pay more for it if need be. It is now all the same stuff with a different name glued on.
    My Mother in ,Son and I all have furnaces different brand names , the exact same ones. The only difference is the name glued on. Funny part is listening to someone try to tell you one is better than the other.
    Once we are stuck with nothing much more than online , watch the prices sore. You will pay big time for delivery then.
    Crime played a big part in the down fall of malls and large stores. I wonder when BLM will occupy the big new Amazon build in Racine area of WI.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

The most iconic stores are going to go down. Sears will not make it in the new world. I've tried shopping online and it's just too clunky. The store is even worse. They haven't adapted to the new world around them...sad.
    If you look at the bright side...WOW, there is a huge opportunity for a whole new generation of biz owners!! New money!! Support the new little guy!! They might be the next Sears in the making!!

America is great!!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links