Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Home Invasion within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; That seems to be the pattern in South Texas as well....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Home Invasion

roy
    That seems to be the pattern in South Texas as well.

Just read about a home invasion where they shot the dog. It's going to be real hard on you if you do that here. We don't do drugs. Pretty sure some neighbors do. Hit the wrong house get a 12 gauge reception.
    Tundra Dweller likes this.

I've also noticed a increase of home invasion in the last few years. Seems people today, even young able bodied people, are more interested in begging or just plain taking whatever they want instead of getting a job and earning it. I suggest everyone have a gun in their home for self protection, castle law state or not. As they say, its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    longrider and Tundra Dweller like this.

I have to agree, home invasions are far and few between here. If they do happen to take place, they are "termed" something else.

We don't live in fear of a home invasion, but I do fear tweekers. The deal here is they will hit a home during broad day light while everyone is at work usually. I can't protect my home fully while I'm away. The home is locked up, but if they want in, they will get in.

In the past 20 or so years, I have had to call the law for night prowlers two or three times. What intentions they had beforehand, I don't know. But my willingness to turn the dog out, turn on the front porch light and loading of a shotgun usually ends any prowling. (my husband works a rotating shift of graveyard and days)

Quote Originally Posted by retired guard View Post
    Just read about a home invasion where they shot the dog. It's going to be real hard on you if you do that here. We don't do drugs. Pretty sure some neighbors do. Hit the wrong house get a 12 gauge reception.
    Someone ever shot my dog I would probably kill that person in the most painful way I could imagine at the time. My dog is a part of the family.
    Tundra Dweller and longrider like this.
    "The ingredient for a strong soldier, is the same ingredient for strong national security.
    Which just happens to be healthy, competent, and well trained citizens." - SAR-1L

To me this is the scariest home invasion I have seen in America in my entire life.

They said that they had the right to break into peoples homes because they were looking for the Boston bomber but notice how everyone was treated like criminals after being forced out of their homes.
    Last edited by rickkyw1720pf; 05-28-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Doc Holliday likes this.

roy
    They don't have a right to break into peoples' homes. It takes a warrant unless they are in hot persuit. Who is a bigger threat to your safety and freedom, criminals or cops?

If I am forced to kill an intruder, I might feel bad. If I kill a cop who illegally broke into my house, I'am sure they would make me feel a whole lot worse.
    retired guard likes this.

Read through this thread, got the wife up, told her to go to the safe, grab a fire arm, go out side and shoot the shoulder cut out on the tree in the fence row.

I don't want to right now,

Why now,

She goes to safe, pics out bolt action she has never fired before,

Why that one I don't know, have I shot this before?

No.

Puts it back, grabs a modern sporting fire arm that she has fired before,

ten minute later she is still adjusting the stock.

Fires a round, rifle jams, (The magazine came unclipped) (I am unsure why) I clear the jam and hand it back to her, she fires another round, the rifle jams again.

The magazine came unclipped again. We have discarded that mag and loaded up a known good one.

I go through this drill with her once in a while I.E. every six months. I need to go through it with the girls much more frequently.

roy
    Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    If I am forced to kill an intruder, I might feel bad. If I kill a cop who illegally broke into my house, I'am sure they would make me feel a whole lot worse.
    Yeah, a whole lot worse, you will be dead.
    retired guard likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ads