Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A christian's point of view on survival

This is a discussion on A christian's point of view on survival within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by PaulS If you act in love and with respect for life then it is difficult to go far from what is right. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: A christian's point of view on survival

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    If you act in love and with respect for life then it is difficult to go far from what is right.
    If you kill an attacker for vengence is it any better than murder?
    If you kill an attacker to save your wife how can it be wrong?
    My own personal interpretation of "Thou shalt not kill" is rather "Thou shalt not have the desire to kill".
    I mean, i'm sure none of us want to kill anybody, but if they ask for it we've got no choice but to zap them to defend ourselves and our families, otherwise we'd be lousy fathers and hubs.
    Standing by and letting somebody kill our wife kinda goes against the "love and cherish" bit-
    "I take thee to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part.."

PS- my late mother and her family were bombed by the Luftwaffe in Leicester, England in 1940 when she was 18, they survived without a scratch but others didn't. Thank God for the RAF fighter pilots who stopped the Luftwaffe doing more damage.
    Pilot Douglas Bader took the "angry" approach and said "Who the hell did they think they were, coming and bombing our country?", but a few other pilots were on the verge of quitting the RAF because they hated killing Germans and it preyed on their minds.
    For example after shooting down a Heinkel bomber, one gloomily wrote in his logbook "Today I killed 7 more men".

As always, to kill or not to kill is a decision each of us has to make on his own.
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 05-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.

In the original text it was "Thou shalt not murder" which is the taking of a life with neither love nor respect.
    It was changed to "kill" later when the "Old English version was written along with the change from "Thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live" to "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" which at the time was the definition of a "witch": One who kills with potions. Todays definition of a witch varies considerably from that. Wiccans, the practitioners of the faith, "Wicca", are reminiscent of the old hag who used herbs to heal the sick and self-identify as witches. Some of them practice "Magic" which in their definition is the same as a miracle caused by human thoughts in conjunction with the power that is "godgiven" rather than by asking God to do all the work. I believe that both are simply acts of faith. There is much herbal medicine that is also practiced in most of the "Pagan" faiths.
    I am reminded that in the Italian practice of Stregha there is a truism that states, "A witch who cannot kill, cannot cure." Meaning that in all things there is a potential for harm or blessing. You cannot have one without the other. In Our Christian faiths we have heaven or hell, God or satan but in the pagan faiths there is no satan or hell. Those concepts came much later in the history of religion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads