Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Man arrested and charged for having five 30 round AR-15 Magazines in NY State

This is a discussion on Man arrested and charged for having five 30 round AR-15 Magazines in NY State within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I think I need something to get my blood pressure down. Here is a man that risked his life and was injured fighting in Afghanistan ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Man arrested and charged for having five 30 round AR-15 Magazines in NY State

I think I need something to get my blood pressure down. Here is a man that risked his life and was injured fighting in Afghanistan against Al Qaeda because they destroyed the New York trade center killing over 3000.
    Now for having something in his car that he probably bought perfectly legal a month ago they throw 5 felonies on him. By not doing anything he was basically turned into a criminal overnight.
    AsteroidX and ekim like this.

Welcome to the 21st century. I got a felony under different but no less absurd circumstances. It is a piece of the disarming of America agenda.

We have a local term here thats used. The DA will throw a ton of shit at you hoping something will stick.

Best advice take it all the way to the jury. Your punishment will be worse if found guilty but as I look back the worst mistake I made was I bent under the threats of the DA and took a deal that I shouldnt have.
    rickkyw1720pf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    It is so unconstitutional that all involved in it's creation should be shot for treason!!!!
    Can't try them for passing garbage. On the other hand, an injury has been caused, now. I'd say it is time for a Title 42 suit, starting with the dirtbags who enforced such a statute.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Can't try them for passing garbage. On the other hand, an injury has been caused, now. I'd say it is time for a Title 42 suit, starting with the dirtbags who enforced such a statute.
    Passing garbage is one thing, but passing something that on it's face goes against the Constitution/Bill of Rights is and should be a punishable offense! If they don't know if it goes against the Constitution/Bill of Rights then don't vote for/pass it, problem solved.
    Meangreen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    You need to read the definition of a firearm a little closer and then read the exemptions in S. 265 of the Penal Code.
    "Firearm" means (a) any pistol or revolver; or (b) a shotgun having one or more barrels less than eighteen inches in length or (c) a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length, or (d) any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise is such weapon is altered modified, or otherwise has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches or an assault weapon. For the purposes of this subdivision, the length of a barrel of a shotgun or rifle shall be determined by measuring the distance between the muzzle and the face of the bolt, breach, or breachlock when closed, and when the shotgun or rifle is cocked; the overall length of a weapon made from a shogun or rifle is the distance between the extreme ends of the weapon measured along a line parallel to the center line of the bore. Firearm does not include an antique firearm.

Pistol and revolvers registered to a pistol permit holder are exempted later in S265 So Firearms in this section of the Penal code are defined as Unregistered Pistols or revolvers, Assault weapons, and NFA rifles & shotguns with short barrels or short OAL. Rifles and shotguns with barrels longer than 16" or 18" respectively are referred to specifically as rifles and shotguns in S 265 of the Penal Code.

It caught me off guard too the first time I read it but when I went back and looked at the definition of a firearm I realized what it meant. Yes, I agree it's worded badly.

Back on topic, I doubt the guy that got arrested has much of a leg to stand on since 30 rounds magazines have been banned in NY for some time unless they were made before the 1994 AWB. If those mags are recent production, say the Pmags or something similar, he's screwed. If he is still currently serving in the military he might be able to get out of it using an exemption in S 265. I hope he beats the rap but I suspect there is more to this than there appears. I wonder why they searched the car and why he let them, possibly he didn't think there was anything in the car that would get him in trouble. This is a shining example of why you shouldn't consent to searches.

-Infidel
    It is unlawful to possess 20 or more firearms as defined under NY law outside one’s home or business.

Your right I got lost in all the mumbo jumbo

We are heading for the Obama repeal of the Constitution. He has his National police force in place he is arming them now.
    This is just the beginning, we warned you what was coming. Now see it unfold right in front of you.
    ekim likes this.
    If you can not defend it, then your just holding it for the next owner.
    When will DHS come for you. They have declared us the enemy

Sad but True Smitty. Watch for the smokescreens next. AKA changing the subject and trying to appease the sheeple.
    ekim likes this.

The ATF playing it's role putting more weapons on the street in Milwaukee lately. They pass it off as a botched sting but the real reason was to put more guns in the hands of criminals.
    Another Holder plan. The weapons would end up in a murder on the street and make head lines for Obama. We were not suppose to find out about it. The real number of weapons will never be known. I wonder if those 7000 DHS wants may not end up being passed out .
    If you not worried you should be people need to look around at what they are doing to us.
    Lawmakers call for probe into 'botched' ATF sting in Milwaukee | Fox News
    ekim likes this.
    If you can not defend it, then your just holding it for the next owner.
    When will DHS come for you. They have declared us the enemy

Looks like Fast and Furious is policy and not a rogue operation like was claimed.
    Meangreen likes this.

Unless they have probable cause and think it will stand up in court I never consent to a vehicle search, EVER! Your doing nothing but inviting trouble, despite how much effort you put into being a law abiding citizen. There are just too many ways for you to get screwed on a deal like that.

If a Police Officer doesnt have probable cause and want to search your vehicle understand they are on what we call a "Fishing Expedition", where we dont have enough to do anything more than simply ticket you for a moving violation but we are hoping that by searching your car we can find something else that we otherwise wouldnt have found if you werent an idiot and waved your rights. I aint hating on the Police, just understand they dont neccesarily have your best interest in mind when they are confronting you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads