Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How is this for government tracking

This is a discussion on How is this for government tracking within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I posted this on another board earlier but wanted to ask you guys too. This will make ya wonder. I just moved to Georgia fairly ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How is this for government tracking

How is this for government tracking

I posted this on another board earlier but wanted to ask you guys too. This will make ya wonder. I just moved to Georgia fairly recently. I still have a condo in Florida. All of my information license,insurance,weapons permit and everything else is registered to Florida. Everything in Georgia is registered in my fiances name. We were in the Florida Keys not long ago and were on a toll road. Before I noticed is was a sunpass only road and there were no toll booths to take money it was too late. I actually forgot about it untill I received a ticket at my GEORGIA address with my name on it. As for is the government is concerned I still live at the Florida address. I have tried for the past week or so to try and figure out how the hell they knew where to send the ticket. If they would have sent it to Florida I would have got it. I have a friend that send me the mail or I pick it up when I am down there. There is no reason I should have received the ticket up here in Ga.. Any ideas on this one???

License plate Georgia ? That would explain it.

Nope, tag,insurance and license and weapons permit are all Florida.

Administrator
    The car that you were driving at the time was the florida plates right? And your friend mails you your mail. You didn't do a forwarding at the post office right? They didn't take extra info at the toll booth right?
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Correct, My friend sends me my mail. I did not have mail forwarded. I was driving a vehicle with Florida plates and there was nobody at toll booth to give information. That's why I got the ticket. It was one of those personless toll booths that scan the prepaid tollpass thingies. But I didn't have one so it took a pic of my plate I guess. But my plate is registered to Florida alomg with everything else. Thast is what had me puzzled when I received a ticket in mail addressed to me here in Georgia. Like I said, the Florida address is still a valid address. There is no reason for them to not have mailed it there.. Hell, we still stay there a few times a month when we can.

Administrator
    Here is some info: Just trying to track down the reason for ya. This might not pertain, but its interesting to know.

The sunpass "Sticker" has an RFID device in it. Radio Frequency Interface Device. your toll booth emits a frequency that causes the sticker to respond with a serial number. the number is recorded and associated with a drivers vehicle. no battery required
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

The whole process was probably automated and no human hands touched it. Frightening.

At some point at some time your name had to be associated with the address in Georgia. Plus it had to be entered somewhere it could be accessed as well. Did you try a Google or some other search engine Using your name and fiancees name? You would be suprised what comes up. Regardless, big brother name never fails to amaze me. Very seldom in a postive way.

If you are working in Georgia and got the job there they can track you through your SS # as the last place of employment.

My employer in Georgia is using my Florida address. I thought of that too. My w-2 is under my Fl. address. My last place of employment is the same Florida address. Even if it were Georgia, which it is not. They should still send the ticket to where the vehicle is registered I would think. My thing is I don't get how they would automatically know to send it to Ga.. See what I'm sayin??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads