Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Survival bow drill fire explosion

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  That Bald White Guy 
#1 ·
Have you seen this video on youtube? The guy uses birch bark with a bow drill and it literally explodes in flames... how is that possible? Did anyone ever experienced this before?

#4 · (Edited)
Because river birch bark has so much oil in it I used to collect it when I ran across it and store it in a ziplock bag. One or two years later it still burned very fast and strong with little to no popping. Great fire starter but while the flame pops up fast and strong I never saw it burst or flash into flame when touched with a match.

The bark is easiest to peel off the tree during the springtime and again in the fall. Dried Spring bark burns the best.

#7 ·
Kylegap : If you would introduce your self and tell us about you , and most of all read the past post , it's all there in black & white , oh , by the way , welcome to PF .

#9 · (Edited)
Not sure if this is it or not but its the closest I could find from his description.

#12 · (Edited)
Yeah his youtube name is "Christian Galipeau" Somewhat near his "kylegap" user name here. That combined with his speaking French in his other videos & "Did anyone ever {experienced} this before?" Oh & its happened twice ! Because he has two different videos posted of it happening. Hawgrider is right cheap trick indeed.

Reactions: hawgrider
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.