Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

A solution

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ffparamedic 
#1 ·
My wife was also a paramedic before becoming an emergency room nurse. While working the afternoon shift a man came in who had been camping. He had slipped on the wet grass while walking from his tent to the bathrooms. When he slipped, he fell on a tent stake and impaled his retcum with said stake securely lodged in his lower colon. X-rays were taken and showed that the man was lucky and had not done any obvious damage to his lower intestine. Another nurse glanced at the x-ray on the light box and asked, "When you stake down a tent, doesn't the pointy end go down?" Sure enough, the person who staked out this tent was apparently a novice and had the blunt end pounded into the ground. At that another nurse piped up, "Come to think of it, there wasn't any hole in his jeans or underwear. Was he at a nudist campground?"

So today on Woot, I found the solution for for people walking near tents in the dark.
https://sport.woot.com/offers/uco-led-tent-stakelights-4-pack?ref=w_cnt_gw_zlm_bs_6

OH! Absolutely 100% true story.

#10 ·
Just like lawn darts, some things need to be experienced without safety equipment and warning labels.

And despite the length of that sentence, PF wanted me to make my response at least 5 characters. so this is me adding many more characters to keep up.

And despite posting that, PF still wants five more characters so I will take this time to thank spell check for without it my characters would come out charachters.

YOU KNOW WHAT **** PREPPER FORUM AND THEIR GODDAMN FIVE CHARACTER REQUIREMENT **** IT **** IT **** IT!

#13 ·
When Uncle Sam sent me camping, we hung chem lights on the tent lines but, only in central walking areas.
Also on antenna tie-down lines (that's why we out there anyway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.