Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Forums change

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  MisterMills357 
#1 ·
Please don't read anything into this, take it as it is. Forums do change from time to time some for the good ,some for the bad sometimes it is a wash. Sights can be brought down by those with an agenda ect.
Glitches and changes some times end up with members that have exchanged ideas for a long time lose contact. Email through the sight may fail us. We saw a Glitch cause some problems for a couple members . It maybe time to consider a back of way to find each other should one day we can no longer log in. I am not saying put your personal or work email out to the world but there are ways.

PS: In hopes new management does things different I have disabled AD Blocker on the sight. So far no issue and Ad placement is manageable.

#2 ·
Please don't read anything into this, take it as it is. Forums do change from time to time some for the good ,some for the bad sometimes it is a wash. Sights can be brought down by those with an agenda ect.
Glitches and changes some times end up with members that have exchanged ideas for a long time lose contact. Email through the sight may fail us. We saw a Glitch cause some problems for a couple members . It maybe time to consider a back of way to find each other should one day we can no longer log in. I am not saying put your personal or work email out to the world but there are ways.

PS: In hopes new management does things different I have disabled AD Blocker on the sight. So far no issue and Ad placement is manageable.
The Orange Sight works for me.

#5 ·
I was just thinking about the same yesterday. sometimes I don't come around for several days. sometimes for months. I don't have time to filter through the crap looking for the gems of wisdom I am waiting for sometimes.
I was actually wishing that some of us had some sort of messaging system to communicate information without having to filter through the crap I see here most of the time. Most of what I see here is about the same as being on face book. Sorry people, just not interested in you all repeating what is common knowledge over the media.
Over the years I have come to know a few here, and some not here anymore and have just shared my private email. Not really the best either since I often have to ignore that while I'm working.

#7 ·
I say we nominate a person to keep all out private stuff, a database kinda. He could have all our info, then gather the masses when need be .Of course, I nominate Inor.
He has my info. If you don't know how to contact him, pm me.
If we're talking about just a nother meeting back up Area, then yes, the Orange site.
Less day to day b.s. and posts. Quality over quantity.

#18 · (Edited)
"Forums do change from time to time some for the good ,some for the bad sometimes it is a wash. Sights can be brought down by those with an agenda ect."

This one is in for a real shakeup, the new owners of it, have already banned a member at GlockFerem NET, a sister forum. They called it hate speech.
This management change has been for the worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.