Knowledge Preservation
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knowledge Preservation

This is a discussion on Knowledge Preservation within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So, the past few days, I have been thinking about a way to pass knowledge and instruction and inspiration on after the SHTF........ but also ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kgunn68
  • 2 Post By Kauboy

Thread: Knowledge Preservation

Knowledge Preservation

So, the past few days, I have been thinking about a way to pass knowledge and instruction and inspiration on after the SHTF........ but also a way to store literal resources for myself.

I have a plan to use a Kindle, loaded up with books on survival, herbal remedies, instructional writings, the Bible, and works of fiction.....stored in a Mylar bag inside a Faraday cage with a solar powered charger..

Any thoughts on this? I just want to think it all through before I devote much time to it.

Seems like a good way to retain some information.
    Renec likes this.

A far better and more reliable way is back stocking a few books

Nuclear war and your solar charger will not be much good.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

A good thread..... I am compiling the same....... longevity?.............. Haven't quite finalized that as of yet, most is currently electronic, however alot is written and filed in a notebook.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Good advice, on both accounts. I have books, both medical and plant life medicinals, but books are heavy and the Kindle holds tons of info. I thought about a thumb drive but the Kindle is self contained, connects wirelessly if the net is still up....

Being as I plan on bugging in, my library is primarily on paper rather than electronic format.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I don't have much in the way of fiction yet, but do have many medical manuals as well as plant ID books and other general references. I want to cover survival info first, and entertainment second.
    I do have an electronic option as well. I saved off anything I could find to my old smartphone before layering it up and tucking it away in a Faraday cage. It will also serve as a GPS nav after an EMP, if necessary. From what I've read, those sats should still be up and running.
    RealSurvivor1 and Renec like this.
    Semper paratus!

Sponsored Links