Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Tent Cots

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Leeroy Jenkins 
#1 ·
I've been camping all my life in either tents or big motor homes....I have never seen one of these until yesterday. Young couple camping a site next to us stopped into my site to ask for a little help with something. When I went to their site I saw this setup. Looked awesome. Not very lite but supposedly sets up real fast and they said it was really comfortable. I think for winter camping it would be great. YouTube has a few vids out there on em.

Kamp-Rite® Double Tent Cot | Kamp-Rite - The World Leader in Off-the-Ground Camping Gear.

#7 ·

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I own one. It is infact, da bomb. I used to do week long supported bicycle trips. Supported in that all your gear not related to riding a bike that day was transported to a pre determined site, all you had to do was ride to that site. When you got there all your gear was waiting for you to set up. I earned the nick name King Komfort, as I tried to make the trip as comfortable as possible. Eventually I bought a tent cot, used it on multiple week long camping trips. I own the deluxe single, it has a domed roof. If you only wanted to use the cot to sleep on and not set up the tent, place a pad over the folded down tent, done. It comes with a pad that is interwoven to the structure over the support tubes. I add a second inflatable pad over top of that for ultimate comfort. Has pouches that hang from the support for incidentals. It folds up into a chase lounge as well if you wanted to do that. Mine is 32" wide, the standard was 25" wide I think. The deluxe has the domed roof and a rain fly. You are 11" off the ground, and if really raining and your gear is not tarped, you can place it under neath your cot and the fly covers all the way to ground. Mine weighs about 34lb, comes with a carry case. Sets up in 30 seconds, takes another 30 seconds to put the fly on. Great for car camping, or any kind of camping where you do not have to move stuff very far. Ventilation is on all 4 sides and you can roll down nylon covers and/or zipper to restrict ventilation or for privacy.

Sounds like the couple encountered had the double wide version. Yes, heavier, but also does the same as my single with a domed roof, fly and lounge.

#11 ·
Yes, but quit a nifty idea if you have ever struggled with a tent in the dark. I saw these a few weeks ago on Sportsman Guide for the first time. They are on Amazon as well. Prices I saw were less than the original link from the manufacturer by the OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.